yup... it's the same as the 1570. just a reversed headstock
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
It's the same as the RG1570. It just has a reverse headstock. It all depends on what you're looking for. The main differences between the RGs are they're made of different woods and have different trems. I personally love basswood for everything except most modern metal. Other people say it's great for metal though. I just find that it's severely lacking in the bass frequencies. But it's great if you're playing technical stuff because it cuts through so well and it's very defined. I also like the Edge Zero so I would go with a model with one of those. But the Edge Pro is great.
Dang, when I saw that price I thought it woulda had an edge 3... Man, thats a deal there!
I am a Stephenist
Quote by JELIFISH19
It's the same as the RG1570. It just has a reverse headstock. It all depends on what you're looking for. The main differences between the RGs are they're made of different woods and have different trems. I personally love basswood for everything except most modern metal. Other people say it's great for metal though. I just find that it's severely lacking in the bass frequencies. But it's great if you're playing technical stuff because it cuts through so well and it's very defined. I also like the Edge Zero so I would go with a model with one of those. But the Edge Pro is great.

i don't think basswood is bad for metal. after having tried some mahogany bodied guitars, though i can see why people prefer it for metal. i know there are some heated tonewood debates and i think you can kind of coax the sound you want out of ANY wood eventually, some of them just give up the tones more readily than others and what's ultimately best for you i guess is really up to you.

that having been said, my mahogany bodied guitar is more metal than the others

the basswood ones have more of a rock tone, i think which i kind of prefer for leads.

to keep things more relevant:

it's true, for the most part the RGs are the same and the most important part will be the body wood and the trem that it comes with because those are really the only things subject to change on an RG and most of the time you're not going to get anything other than basswood unless you go with one of the prestige RGTs
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
I guess i haven't had enough experience with different woods to really tell the difference considering both of my current guitars have basswood. For most of my bass and low end i've been using a guitar with seymour duncan blackouts in it which are awesome. Are the stock pickups in RG's worth keeping in there? I thought about changing the pickups but i really didn't want to have to change the pots, Would evolutions give me a good distortion?