how do you record a solo with wah on a DAW, do you need to record the solo then apply an autowah plugin? i havent tried using wah yet with my recordings.

thanks for any help.
36 Crazyfists
Trivium
Machine Head
August Burns Red

And I like my penis. Because of it's existence, every morning I can look past the man thongs, pink duvet cover and a-Ha CDs and say to myself, "You're a man."

If you can get a clean DI feed as well, then if you do a great take but don't like the wah, you can re-amp it later.
Guitar --> clean --> instrument input on audio interface
       |
       --> wah --> amp --> mic --> mic input on audio interface
Last edited by blue_strat at Jul 22, 2009,
but how do i apply the wah? is it possible to shape it so i can control when its open and closed if you get me, rather than being based on attack or whatever?

EDIT: this is purely through the computer, no mics involved btw.
36 Crazyfists
Trivium
Machine Head
August Burns Red

And I like my penis. Because of it's existence, every morning I can look past the man thongs, pink duvet cover and a-Ha CDs and say to myself, "You're a man."

So you don't have a wah pedal?

Can you list everything you've got? Guitar, pedals, amp, mics if you have any, audio interface or soundcard, software.
i have a wah pedal, but is it possible to put that between my guitar and interface?....im using the IK multimedia stealth plug and playing into my computer onto traction 2 software.
36 Crazyfists
Trivium
Machine Head
August Burns Red

I don't see why you couldn't. No harm in trying.
Quote by Spitz13
**** you, i live in uruguay.