Page 1 of 2
Never even heard of them! They look pretty kick ass though.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
they look pretty rad.
Quote by deadringer13
xjosheex, you have made a simple answer to it all haha

Quote by Pr0gNut
I hope he gets a blood disease and dies alone and screaming.

I mean that in the nicest way possible of course.
It looks like they use some real quality stuff...OFR's, EMG active pups...But I'm not a big fan of Basswood. If they were to make a mahogany body guitar I'd be very very interested.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
I just **** myself.
Those paintjobs are freaking amazing and the body styles are pretty damn original. I'm loving the EMG's and how they are war related.

I'm loving the M2-Delta. I'm scared to find a price though...

But I don't like how all of the 6 strings have an FR, except the M Smoke-6

son of a bitch!!!!!! They are only available in Canada.
Last edited by r0ckth3d34n at Jul 22, 2009,
That's a real man's guitar! I love the Shiv V, I'm scared of finding a price though, you won't believe how many times I've seen a guitar that looks awesome that has awesome reviews of every feature of it only to find that the guitar is over a thousand dollars.
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
I sent them an email asking if they are working on expanding their guitar sales to the states...
PRAY FOR YES!

They are only sold in Canada, and I can't even find them online!
Shame about the Canada only. I noticed they were a Canuck company but I assumed that they would at least ship across the border...

They have 6 models on Steves Music Store website, which means they carry the enitre line and all you gotta do (If ur Canadian) is order from them.

And yea they are expensive
prices range from $1300-$1900 CDN

EDIT: yes i just looked at the site layout...a little familiar no?
Quote by BreeBreeMiikey
Wtf is up with the basswood...i was always under the impression that it sounds dull?

I couldn't figure that out either. Its usually found on low end guitars because its cheap. My theory is that they use it to keep costs down while using other high end hardware such as OFR's and active EMGs

I say its cool to know about this company, but since their guitars ONLY use EMGs and they are whey expensive for my price range I doubt I'll buy a guitar off them. HOWEVER, if they happen to make a guitar exactly like a Jackson KE5FR with more of a cut into the wood where the thumb is for $1000 then I'd jump on in a heartbeat XD
Ouch, for the price you could get a completely custom Carvin...I knew these guys were too good to be true.

I've been watching these for awhile as living in canada it's rare to find a canadian exclusive :P. About the bodies they used to use african mahogany about a year or 2 ago but then changed to basswood when the economy went bad. Not sure if they are conencted but thats just the time frame it happened. The cheapest is about 1400 canadian all the way up to about 2500$ (7 strings with FR's are most expensive I believe). These can be imported to the states through steve's music (google it) last time I heard. I was going to buy one for 1000$ 2 years ago and then the prices jumped up high. Such a shame.

Edit: Btw for the price remember a handcrafted canadian/USA guitar for 1500$ is pretty good. These aren't imports.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
Last edited by Slanderous666 at Jul 22, 2009,
Quote by leftyace
I couldn't figure that out either. Its usually found on low end guitars because its cheap. My theory is that they use it to keep costs down while using other high end hardware such as OFR's and active EMGs

Yeah, which hopefully makes a cheaper price? lol.
I love the looks of them but looks are not everything. The specs sound good I would love to find someone that carries them here in the Boston area so I could take a few for a spin and see how they sound, feel and play.
Eh, $1500 is decent, still very pricey (for basswood?). I still think you're better off getting a custom Carvin or RAN or something for that much. At least that way you get a guitar thats made completely to your specs for roughly the same price of a stock Guerilla.

How do these guys always find out we're talking about them so fast!

I don't know why you guys are downtalking basswood. It isn't dull, it's just neutral - it's very even and lets the rest of the components control the tone
Hand made here in Canada, highly skilled craftsmanship, and most are made for heavy metal. A lot of the Quebec based metal bands are using Guerilla guitars now (Cryptopsy, Martyr, Despised Icon, Beneath the Massacre, Ion Dissonance to name a few), and more shops are starting to carry them. If they weren't $1400+ our store would carry them, but we live in suburbia, where most parents don't want to drop more than $1000 on ALL the gear their kids need, and our players aren't serious musicians or they'd be elsewhere...you get the odd "collector", but they want Fender/Gibson/other vintage style guitars rather than a metal machine like a Guerilla guitar would be.
Gear:
- Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
- B.C. Rich Platinum Beast
- Godin LG EMG
- Peavey 6505+ Combo
- "Mastortion" Pedal 1/6
- Hagstrom HC-15 (1967)

2011 gear:
- Schecter 35th anniversary C-1
- Schecter RAF spitfire solo 6
Last edited by Demon_dave at Jul 22, 2009,
Quote by Sir Anonymous
I don't know why you guys are downtalking basswood. It isn't dull, it's just neutral - it's very even and lets the rest of the components control the tone

exactly!!! the reason we use basswood is because as we did various tests in the shop, we found that it is a perfect balance between the bassiness of mahogany and the trebliness of maple. Being a neckthrough guitar it also saves a lot weight using basswood so it has numerous positives. As you stated it lets the components and most importantly you, control your tone.

It has nothing to do with price because changing to mahogany doesn't change the cost structure of the guitar that much.

Now as some of you might not know there is high grade mahogany and there is crap mahogany same goes for basswood it depends where you get it from, as for us we only use the highest quality basswood and the guitars sound great.

Now if someone has a preferance for mahogany then we can use mahogany its no problem we actually have a full mahogany model coming out very soon.

Hope this answers the basswood questions
I don't get why everyone has such a bad impression of basswood. I've personally got a couple of basswood guitars and they sound great, responded particularly well to pickup changes.

Just like stated above, there is such thing as good basswood and bad basswood, just like any other tone wood. My PGM, for example, has some awesome basswood. Sounds great and gutsy.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Guerilla 777777
exactly!!! the reason we use basswood is because as we did various tests in the shop, we found that it is a perfect balance between the bassiness of mahogany and the trebliness of maple. Being a neckthrough guitar it also saves a lot weight using basswood so it has numerous positives. As you stated it lets the components and most importantly you, control your tone.

It has nothing to do with price because changing to mahogany doesn't change the cost structure of the guitar that much.

Now as some of you might not know there is high grade mahogany and there is crap mahogany same goes for basswood it depends where you get it from, as for us we only use the highest quality basswood and the guitars sound great.

Now if someone has a preferance for mahogany then we can use mahogany its no problem we actually have a full mahogany model coming out very soon.

Hope this answers the basswood questions

Two quick questions:

1. will there be any new V shapes coming out soon?

2. What is the estimated wait time for your custom shop right now?
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
Quote by Slanderous666
Two quick questions:

1. will there be any new V shapes coming out soon?

2. What is the estimated wait time for your custom shop right now?

Right now we have have completed the 7 string and 8 string shiv as well as a 6st string through version so there is no new v shapes that are coming out right away

our custom shop usaully takes 6 to 8 weeks maximum.

thanks
I've got a 7 string in the mail atm. But I'm positive my next guitar (either a new 6 or an 8 if I decide to take the plunge) will *definitely* be from these guys.

Nice axes fo' sho'.
I would love to support our Canadian economy but i doubt you guys would be up to making a guitar with the same specs & shape as the Jackson KE5FR with seymour duncans and an OFR for $1000 huh?

But in all seriousness if you guys do come out with a cheaper line of guitars with Passive pups instead of EMGs, you can consider me a potential customer
Quote by Crizzle
They look kind of esp-ish if any one gets me?

the entire site looks like ESP's... might this be a sub-brand like Edwards is?
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
the entire site looks like ESP's... might this be a sub-brand like Edwards is?

They're based in Canada, ESP is based in Japan so i'm going out on a limb and saying no.
Quote by leftyace
How do these guys always find out we're talking about them so fast!

i'd be more surprised if he had answerd in the first 3 or 4 posts on the first page.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by siverstorm
I would love to support our Canadian economy but i doubt you guys would be up to making a guitar with the same specs & shape as the Jackson KE5FR with seymour duncans and an OFR for $1000 huh?

But in all seriousness if you guys do come out with a cheaper line of guitars with Passive pups instead of EMGs, you can consider me a potential customer

Jackson isnt even making a KE5FR for 1000$ so :P It looks like it will be 1300-1500$ from the pricing in europe.

For the same price you can get a handcrafted canadian built guitar with an ofr and emg's (which can be traded out for passives with little ease as you can sell emg's for the same cost of passives most of the time.)

And I don't believe they are in the business of import guitars as its a different market than the affordable hand built guitars they already produce.

And lastly they have nothing to do with ESP at all. Unless they have been hiding it for years but I seriously doubt it as it's not like ESP hides its involvement in it's companies.
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
Here's what I got in response from an email from them... (Yes, my name is nick. Feel free to call me that from now on)

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your interest, yes we build amazing guitars and if you find they look good on the website they are a million times better in person.. The M2 delta paint job is me basically drenching the guitar in smoke, very custom and hard to do but the finished look is truly amazing and original!!

As for your question about the finding them in the states so far we do not have any dealers there yet but we are hoping to be at Namm show this year and getting a dealer network up and running.

If you or some friends are interested in getting you hands on one you can purchase direct from us for the moment.

We are definitely coming to the states!!

Thanks again
Kosta

WOOHOO.
Page 1 of 2