I'm an intermediate play and currently i have a les paul epiphone special 2(shut up i no its cheap)and i need a new guitar that's cheap but right for my play style which is modern rock.anything close to the sound of a prs would be nice too.
Question Everything
Gear
PRS SE 245
Schecter Solo Special
B-52 AT-100
Orange CR60
Fulltone GT-500
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Banshee Talkbox
Budget, amp, what tones exactly do you want (Modern rock and PRS are too vague)
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
There really should be a sticky that lays out how you should ask what guitar is right for you.

What's your budget?
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Favorite Bands -
Budget -
Random Preferences? -
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Fender Standard Customized Fat Strat
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp
Quote by Guitar2theface
There really should be a sticky that lays out how you should ask what guitar is right for you.

What's your budget?

it's kind of sad that that's necessary. you'd think it would be pretty obvious that saying "i need a new guitar, what should i get?" might not be the best way of going about it. common sense should lead one to believe that it'll be next to impossible to narrow it down considering the number of people on the internet and the fact that EVERYONE has an opinion...

but more to the point, i'd say go with a Schecter C-1 Classic. it's a nice intermediate guitar that won't cost you too much new or used (i'm not sure on the exact numbers but i feel like it's probably in the $500-$600 range).

they also have a comfortable neck profile and they're GORGEOUS guitars.
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
Last edited by konfyouzd at Jul 22, 2009,
Quote by konfyouzd
it's kind of sad that that's necessary. you'd think it would be pretty obvious that saying "i need a new guitar, what should i get?" might not be the best way of going about it. common sense should lead one to believe that it'll be next to impossible to narrow it down considering the number of people on the internet and the fact that EVERYONE has an opinion...

+1.

This stuff gets annoying. There really should be a sticky on this.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Think I might go ahead and ask a mod if we could get some kinda sticky up.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
I like most modern rock like breaking benjamin,nickelback,seether,puddle of mudd,and linkin park.and my price range is a couple hundred.
Question Everything
Gear
PRS SE 245
Schecter Solo Special
B-52 AT-100
Orange CR60
Fulltone GT-500
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Banshee Talkbox
I'm basically looking for one thats like a PRS SC-250 but ALOT cheaper.Like under $500
Question Everything
Gear
PRS SE 245
Schecter Solo Special
B-52 AT-100
Orange CR60
Fulltone GT-500
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Banshee Talkbox
SAVE, you wont get anything worth buying for if you spend that much, save up for one of the PRS SE series guitars and buy that.
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Fender Standard Customized Fat Strat
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp
actually i found a cheap schecter c-1 classic o ebay but it seems like a scam,it's on $100 with free shipping.
Question Everything
Gear
PRS SE 245
Schecter Solo Special
B-52 AT-100
Orange CR60
Fulltone GT-500
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Banshee Talkbox
The only thing I could suggest really would be the Washburn WI-64. But I'd save to get the WI-66Pro, as it's a huge improvement.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I think if you knew more about the differences in Guitar designs and what they mean to playability and sound you'd be able to narrow down what type of guitar you'd feel best about.
Moving on.....
If you're looking at Classicss you'll be paying $400-$500 used on Ebay. Great value though, the SD JB/'59 combo is quality. Great looks, awesome feel, thin neck.

If your looking at the $300 dollar range you may be disappointed. I can't really think of anything at that price that would satisfy your PRS craving.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Quote by WildMiles96
I'm basically looking for one thats like a PRS SC-250 but ALOT cheaper.Like under $500

Do you want the sound of the guitar? If so what amp were you playing it through to get that sound? And buy that amp to do. If you want the playability then you might want to check out PRS SE Singlecut guitars not quite the proper feel of a PRS but with your money you ain't going to get near.