Hi all, I want to know about of the thickness of the strings that Chuck used, 0.9, 0.10? also, are ernie ball or wich trademark?

I hope that somebody can help me with this, thanks!!!
Could be whatever set comes stock on his B.C. Rich Stealth tribute.... maybe.
does it really matter? your not gonna sound like him even if he gave you his strings.

he drops to D standard. buy 9's or 10's its not that hard to figure out.
^ This has to be a rhetorical question because common sense would dictate that it matters to the OP.

Unless of course you are lacking said common sense. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
I'd recommend using strings YOU like instead of trying to copy someone else.

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

hey men! I m asking just to know, for curiosity.
I use D'Addario 0.10 and a Jackson guitar, nothing that Chuck used... this is the only info that I dont know about of Chuck gear.
Last edited by diegodeath at Jul 22, 2009,
makes sense to want to know...
and id guess .10 of some sort
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Yeah I'm almost sure he used GHS 10 gauge strings. Either that or Ernie Ball. None the less, the OP wasn't asking how to get the tone, just what he used, which I am also curious about.
Quote by Holy-Diver
makes sense to want to know...
and id guess .10 of some sort

why? Why does it even matter what strings he used.. Buy some strings your comfortable with..
Quote by Carrionshine
why? Why does it even matter what strings he used.. Buy some strings your comfortable with..

He was simply wanting information just to know, not to get the same gauge strings. Obviously TS will get strings he's comfortable with, but I like to know a lot of things that might seem useless to others too. Like for example, does anyone really care that only female mosquitos bite you? And they actually use the nutrients of human blood to produce fertile eggs? Or perhaps you would like to know interesting ways to clean your tongue...
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
He was simply wanting information just to know, not to get the same gauge strings. Obviously TS will get strings he's comfortable with, but I like to know a lot of things that might seem useless to others too. Like for example, does anyone really care that only female mosquitos bite you? And they actually use the nutrients of human blood to produce fertile eggs? Or perhaps you would like to know interesting ways to clean your tongue...

But that's not really "useless" info? And sure enlighten me on cleaning my tongue, im actually curious.

All i was saying, is these threads are pointless.. It doesn't not matter what strings he uses, at all. Simply put.
I know this is kind of an old thread but I ordered some Death T-shirts directly from Chuck's mom via the official site and she was nice enough to send me a Metal Crusade newsletter about Death that was released in 1993. They went into some awesome details I don't think too many people know. For example that half of Symbolic was recorded on Chuck's BC Rich Ignitor.

However, in the newsletter Chuck specifically says he used GHS strings (at least during that time). I'm not sure the gauges but I remember hearing somewhere online that it was 10-52. Not sure though on the gauges so don't quote me but he definitely used GHS.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail