This morning I got up and drove to Guitar Center with the intention of buying a new all-tube guitar amp. Played a few different amps, and the only one that really intrigued me was the Bugera 6262 2x12 combo. So that's what I bought. And I saved $65 with a 10% off coupon I've been saving. So without furhter ado, the picturs!!

Two of the front side...

And one of the backside...

I love the sound I get from it, very metal
Still trying to EQ for a good Green Day tone. I'm getting close, but using the "Crunch" on the clean channel seems to be the best way.

Can't wait to save up a few more bucks and get some good pedals, definately gonna have to get a wah-wah! But next thing to get is a dual-guitar-stand to hold the guitars up next to the amp.

EDIT: Sorry for bad quality, pics are from my cell. And theres no cables or power cord because this was right when I brought it home...
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Last edited by flanders_91 at Jul 22, 2009,
HNAD!

How much did you end up paying for it?

Now its time for some clips!
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Quote by soul.power
HNAD!

How much did you end up paying for it?

Now its time for some clips!

It ended up being like $630-something after tax. I'll try to get some clips up soon, probably not until tonight.

I'd say good thing i got it at a lower price because it was probably used-up at GC, but most of the people going into GC are unknowledged n00bs who just go in to blast a Line6 Spider with some guitar that has EMGs. Today there was a kid playing on a Spider who actually was pretty good. Just wait until he learns about the magic of tubes!!
TOMAHAWK!

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
looks great! got some serious knobs going on there.
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
Quote by flanders_91
It ended up being like $630-something after tax. I'll try to get some clips up soon, probably not until tonight.

I'd say good thing i got it at a lower price because it was probably used-up at GC, but most of the people going into GC are unknowledged n00bs who just go in to blast a Line6 Spider with some guitar that has EMGs. Today there was a kid playing on a Spider who actually was pretty good. Just wait until he learns about the magic of tubes!!

Speaking of that, I went to GC today and some rickety old black, Bo Diddley looking classic blues guy was tearing up an American Strat through a Spider! I went over there and asked him "WHY?!". He said he liked the tone. I left after that
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by flanders_91

Just over 600 for a full tube, 212 combo is a nice deal!

Just wait until he learns about the magic of tubes!!

Ah, you have witnessed a tube virgin

He said he liked the tone. I left after that

Whatever floats his boat. He'll eventually realize good blues tone when he walks over to a nice Peavey Classic, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Vox AC30 or something like that.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
^He said he'd been playing 40 something years. As i said, he looked pretty old. He had the chops to show for it too.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by CullenT
^He said he'd been playing 40 something years. As i said, he looked pretty old. He had the chops to show for it too.

Then his ears must be failing him.

Perhaps he needs a tube-driven hearing aid
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Quote by CullenT
Speaking of that, I went to GC today and some rickety old black, Bo Diddley looking classic blues guy was tearing up an American Strat through a Spider! I went over there and asked him "WHY?!". He said he liked the tone. I left after that

Ya never know, the guy could have a warehouse full of vintage tube gear and is just needing something to tool around with..

I've also heard my fair share of bad Spider players but I have heard some amazing ones as well. More bad then good of coarse

And TS congrats
congrats! I have the 6260 halfstack, with good cables,tubes and a 10 band eq and my lespaul this amp just freakin rips! best sounding amp I have owned, I tell you guys these gibson pups are so smooth its sick and I have it in a Epiphone paul!
tone slut

Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier
jet City 2112 Combo
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Classic Vibe Telecaster
when should i plan on replacing the tubes? i've heard they last for a few years and the power tubes go first i think? if there's a thread for this kinda stuff just direct me there...
TOMAHAWK!

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Quote by soul.power

This is a wall of LOLZ. Use it wisely.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by soul.power

Spiders can be VERY nice at lower volumes. When you aren't pushing the amp, they can sound very articulate. It's only once you get into the clipping they sound ****. Spiders are a great practice amp, I don't know why everyone thinks that just because it's a spider the tone's gotta suck.

At high volumes? yeah... At low to moderate? Not really.
^The problem is that it doesn't reflect the guitar accurately. Play any expensive Gibson, Fender, ESP, Gretsch (you get my point) through it. Then go pick up a Squier Bullet. You won't hear 1 difference in tone, except maybe switching from humbuckers to single coils.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by CullenT
^The problem is that it doesn't reflect the guitar accurately. Play any expensive Gibson, Fender, ESP, Gretsch (you get my point) through it. Then go pick up a Squier Bullet. You won't hear 1 difference in tone, except maybe switching from humbuckers to single coils.

Neither does EMG's but they still sell by the millions, are widely used by professionals and have produced some of the greatest metal tones on the planet..

Most guys that get into spiders aren't looking for anything that reflects there guitar accurately. There a practice amp plain and simple.. People look way to far into these things.
That doesn't mean you can't get a good sound out of it. He got a sound he liked, why does everyone hate on that just because it's a spider?

regardless of it gives a TRUE reflection of the guitar. He fiddled with the amp, found an eq setting he really enjoyed. It sounded good. That's the end of it. No need to bash the spider at every turn. It's a practice amp, and it does what it is meant for well. It's only when you get into people gigging with spiders that they sound harsh.

My cousin owns a spider half-stack. While I think my amp sounds **** tons better, he gets some REALLY nice sounds out of it. He always mics it live, so he never really cranks it, so he gets no clipping.

Annnnnnyways, back to the topic at hand. TS, cool shit!
^More like a Peavey 6505, less like a Mesa Dual Rectifier (333XL is similar to the Mesa)
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by CullenT
333XL is similar to the Mesa)

who told you that?
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
333XL is NOTHING like a mesa. Mesas generally use 6L6 tubes for that American sound. The 333XL uses EL34s stock. It's a JSX clone pretty much.
Quote by eXperiment63
333XL is NOTHING like a mesa. Mesas generally use 6L6 tubes for that American sound. The 333XL uses EL34s stock. It's a JSX clone pretty much.

This

The 333XL IS a JSX clone. The 333 on the other hand is a Triple XXX clone, which in essence was a Mesa clone.