So I technically paid for it 5 days ago, but couldn't get it til today because of GC's 30 day policy on used gear. A Vox V810 Valve Tone overdrive for $50! I figured it's a steal, and most of the time i see them go for at least $75 on ebay. I also figured I'd show off the guitar I bought 5 days ago as well, for $100. Some people say it looks like a Teisco, idk, just looks like something someone made to me. Good sound though, easily worth the $100. And now, pics!

Updated shot of the pedalboard:

The guitar:

Group shot (look at the sad Hardwire SC-2, all by itself):

The Vox is my practice amp BTW, Blackstar HT-5 will come eventually. And yes, I do like Smashing Pumpkins
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
That's a sweet looking guitar!

Congrats on the new gear.
Tele - EP Booster - DLS - Big Muff - Ekko 616 - Rocker 30/AC15
What is that guitar??? It's sexxy. By the way. HNSD!!! (new **** day?)
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by mcraddict81592
What is that guitar??? It's sexxy. By the way. HNSD!!! (new **** day?)

Just some no-name thing I bought at GC. Could be something someone made, but some people think it's a Teisco. Who knows? It sounds and plays great though

Quote by acdcrocks0323
Happy New Steal? Day!

YES!

Quote by Deanguitarist39
How is the weapon my digitech. I already have distortion pedals. Is it worth getting? Sweet gear

It was my first pedal, but I never use it as a distortion. I use it as a pitch shifter, and keep it around just for kicks. It's ok, wasn't worth the $150 new price i bought it for though.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
^It has 3 distortions (2 Metal and one sort of rock one), a chorus-y effect, a chorus-y fade to metal distortion effect, an autowah distortion, and a sitar-type sound.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
The pups and trem bridge are just exactly like the ones in my semi-hollow (I think it's a Heit, unconfirmed).

But everything else is typical Teisco; pickguard shape, switch location, string retainer (also done by Harmony, as is the headstock shape), off-set body shape (though the lower bout is more round than Teiscos I have seen).

Teisco with Harmony neck:

Del Rey bass:
^Thanks man. Just out of curiosity, do you know any places that sell these types of pickups? Or parts such as the bridge (it's rusting a bit).
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
No idea, other than trolling eBay or craigslist.

I'd actually like to get some more of those pups myself. Mine are beaten to **** and lost all their chrom plating (the covers are zinc).
Quote by Invader Jim
The pups and trem bridge are just exactly like the ones in my semi-hollow (I think it's a Heit, unconfirmed).

But everything else is typical Teisco; pickguard shape, switch location, string retainer (also done by Harmony, as is the headstock shape), off-set body shape (though the lower bout is more round than Teiscos I have seen).

Teisco with Harmony neck:

Del Rey bass:

Phew... When these guitars always pop up I start to sweat.. I have been trying to trace down a guitar I had bad in the day that I had to trash because my wife was giving me hell about it taking space. I could never find what it was but now im pretty sure its a Heit and probably only worth $150 bucks or so and not $40k

Thanks for posting
Quote by Invader Jim
No idea, other than trolling eBay or craigslist.

I'd actually like to get some more of those pups myself. Mine are beaten to **** and lost all their chrom plating (the covers are zinc).

Hmmmm. I've found some GFS ones but they have 4 screws. Wonder if you could just drill a hole in the right spot?

http://store.guitarfetish.com/vintagestyle.html

Might have to try some day. I'll keep it as is for now though

Do you know of any good contact cleaner to clean out an input jack?
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Windex works great. If you need to loosen it up, soak it in WD-40 for about an hour (same for the pots and switches).

Those pups look interesting. You could drill and tap a center hole on each side, yeah.
So with the windex method, just spray some on my guitar cable and plug it in/take it out a few times?

And next time I change strings, I'm gonna soak em in WD-40, thanks man. Any ideas on re-chroming the bridge?

And yeah, they do. I think I'm going to have it rewired eventually, so when I do I'll try those pickups.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss