Are there any free programs like this? Like where the program will play the rhythm section part so you can solo over it? Thanks.
Guitar Pro/TuxGuitar/Power tab
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
you could just download audacity and record some chord progressions to solo over...
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
Quote by ze monsta
Not that I know of. Why can't you be normal and use backing tracks?

Is there a place where backing tracks are available for any song I can think of?
power tab, or if you know standard notation, Finale Notepad.
Composer of Scores for Film/Video Games/TV/and More!
Contact me if you have a project that you need music of any style for!
There's this thing called your head thats pretty good, but I doubt you play the changes anyway so NVM brah
Quote by carmour
but I doubt you play the changes anyway so NVM brah

That's why I'm askin, so I can learn to play the changes
This just got recommended to me, seems to work very well if anyone's interested
it's not free but look up band in a box, see if you can't find it
What's wrong with playing your own chord progression, recording it into audacity (free!), practice over yourself? Not only will you learn how to develop melodies or solos over your progression, but will show up any errors in your play when played back (if any, either in your progression or your solos/melody) and you will learn how to develop and record your songs.

Just a suggestion.
^ yup... that's what i'm saying...
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.