I've just bought a JHS guitar tech pickup for my accoustic. I fitted it and I can't get any sound. It doesn't come with any instructions but seems really simple to put together.
I've checked the conections and the volume but still can't get any sound.
Can anyone help with this?

Regards
delboy
If it's passive, you'll have to crank the volume really high. To remedy this problem, you have to get a preamp to increase the signal.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
is it the JHS D8 Acoustic Soundhole Pickup? If so it looks like it comes with a preamp...the thing with "volume" and "tone" written on it?

I dunno if thats the one you have...but I don't know too much about JHS pickups, and that seems to be the most common one.

BUt yeah, if its passive you need a preamp.
Composer of Scores for Film/Video Games/TV/and More!
Contact me if you have a project that you need music of any style for!
If you plug it in and crank the volume on the pickup and amp and knobs on the amp, can you hear a tiny bit of sound from the speaker? We need to figure out if the pickup isn't working at all, or if it just has a weak signal.

That volume and tone thing looks like it would be a preamp, just not a very elaborate one. I can't find any reviews or instructions on it...but it looks to me to be one. Look it over one more time and make sure you can't stick a battery anywhere.

Did it come with instructions? If so search through there and see if it tells you anything about it.
Composer of Scores for Film/Video Games/TV/and More!
Contact me if you have a project that you need music of any style for!
It didn't come with any instructions and even the web site manual section doesn't tell you anything apart from how easy it is to install lol.
I think I'll call the place I bought it from tommorow and ask them.

Delboy
Last edited by Delboyuk_01 at Jul 22, 2009,