Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
^ agreed.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
tele, because nobody said it yet :P

But srsly, it totally depends on the genre.
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
they both contrast, but get a strat because they're better than tele's in just about every conceivable way.
I would say a tele, i think they look and sound great together
Gear

Epiphone les paul Standard (sunburst)

Crate Vintage Club 50

Ibanez TS9 (Turbo Version?)

Alvarez Jumbo Acoustic
Quote by al112987
they both contrast, but get a strat because they're better than tele's in just about every conceivable way.
Congratulations on sealing your reputation as a complete eejit.

OP, a Tele is a more contrasting tone to a Les Paul, while the Strat has a more different feel.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
i like that edgy sound of the tele.
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany

Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop with Seymour Duncan Alnico II's

Seagull 25th anniversary Mahogany Edition

Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Quote by MrFlibble
Congratulations on sealing your reputation as a complete eejit.

OP, a Tele is a more contrasting tone to a Les Paul, while the Strat has a more different feel.

+1

I would agree whole heartedly with this post
Tele is pretty much the complete opposite sound with a much different feel, while strat is complete opposite feel with much different sound. If your into Bluesy classic rock/blues/hard rock, then get the strat, If your into, Indie/punk/any type of pop/Rolling Stones type classic rock then get the Tele. Now, the Tele can play the bluesy classic rock/blues/hard rock very well, as the strat can play the indie/punk/pop/Twang Rock very well, but, each has its own strong points. I assume you are asking because you are thinking of buying one?
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Fender Standard Customized Fat Strat
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp
^ What that man said.

Get both!
Quote by ljohn
The thing is, in a band like chickenfoot, think of the JSX as a submarine and the Marshall as a plane. No matter how good the submarine is, it might be the perfect submarine, if you need a plane, a submarine ain't gonna do it for you.
Quote by al112987

Yeah... If you think about it this way.

An LP is a set neck, uncontoured, carved top, 2 humbucker hardtail guitar, with a 24.75 (or thereabouts) scale length.
A Strat is a Bolt on neck, countoured, flat top, 3 single coil vibrato equipped guitar, with a 25.5" scale length.

about as different as guitars can get.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.