first off dont start saying " oh that pickup sucks you should get {insert pickup name here}"
because i just wont listen

now down to business

my question is which position does the sh-8 invader pickup sound better at the bridge or the neck position?
That’s how we’ll know. This is not a test, oh no
This is cardiac arrest

Of a world too proud to admit our mistakes
We're crashing into the ground as all fall from grace
Last edited by Demonic82 at Jul 22, 2009,
You should listen, cause you might just be wasting your good money on a crap pickup, where you could get a much better one for a better price.

Anyway it would sound different in both places. Neck would give you a warmer tone, and bridge will be much brighter. It depends what you want to use it for. I dont think it is a case of "Does it sound better" it just gives you different sounds. If you can, go to a shop and try a Schecter Synester guitar, it has Invaders in both positions, that way you can figure out where you want to put yours.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Last edited by Oosh. at Jul 22, 2009,
bridge.

even though it sounds like balls in either position
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
BRIDGE definetely i have it in my Schecter its WONDEFUL!
Schecter C-1 FR Custom
Fender Stratocaster with EMG DG20
Fender Mustang with Hot Rails
ESP Eclipse with EMG81/85
Peavey Triple XXX with 4x12
Bridge.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Bridge. Not a good pickup for neck. Almost nobody uses invaders in the neck. gotta get something like a 59 to pair with it.

And why are you so adamant on the invader, arguably one of the worst seymour duncan pickups on the market. I'd rather have a duncan designed pickup that comes on $300 guitars. They're not good for any genre let alone guitar playing.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack