Somethings been really weird with my guitar lately. Its been sounding muddy and you can hear a hum in the background. Its not from my frets but sounds more like an electrical type of hum. Ive been searching around for how to fix it and i dont know how to narrow it down. Help?

oh yeah.. the sound is most distinguishable with palm muted.
Open your guitar cavity and see if any wires came unsoldered.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
yeah i opened it up and everything looked fine. there is this one wire in there though thats like soldered together and taped so it wouldnt touch anything but i think thats just something else. sso yeah.. connections are fine from the cavity. maybe the solder to the pick up?
one time that happened to me make sure all of your guitar cables are connected and working then make sure someone didn't f*ck around with your amp one time someone turned my eq settigns all the way down and since i never touch it i thought it was like broke.
it`s a ground wire and i`d bet it`s the one thats suppose to be connected to the bridge.

it`s got nothing to do with the amp EQ settings
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Jul 22, 2009,
i believe so. when its on and no cable in its quiet. i only hear this hum sound when playing something in heavy distortion. it sounds like a speaker that has been played to loud. i know i havnt played too loud beacuse it seemed like this happened out of nowhere
Jump off the ground. If the buzzing stops, its you. Take off all metal on your person. You may have to change your location around the room, get a longer Cable, and if you really want it gone, you may have to sky dive while playing.
lol. well like when im not playing at all its its super quiet. just once i start playing really heavy power chords i hear a little hum noise in the background.
Quote by Life Is Brutal
Jump off the ground. If the buzzing stops, its you. Take off all metal on your person. You may have to change your location around the room, get a longer Cable, and if you really want it gone, you may have to sky dive while playing.

What does this button do. What about this ones. What about dis buttons. And this buttons. OH NO, I ERASED T3h TRACKS. *goes into recording studio*. STOP LOOKING AT ME LIKES DIS YOU STUPID SLOWS MOVINGS FINGERS. *sobs*

Yes. I love it.

But on your topic TS, yes, check grounding in amp. I've often had to record stuff in a specific corner in a room where the buzzing stopped.
alright.. if worse comes to worse i can always take it to a shop or something
Quote by Life Is Brutal

Have you been watching Metalocalypse ?