Please tell me what pickups are good for a Squier vintage modified Jazz Bass.
I play rock, and my style is 65%, and 35% slap 'n' pop.
I play every kinds of rock, but I play classic rock the most.
Please tell me some pick-ups that will fit my style well.

Thank you.
EMG pickups are great for basicly evrything expecially rock and slap

also recomend looking into dimarzio ultra jazz series

the lightning rods would probably be better then the quarter pounders on the duncan side because they are noice canceling humbuckers instead of single coils. also the quarter pounders sound very "greendayish" they are a great pickup but the lightning rods are the "high output" model for passive duncan
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Quote by Casketcreep

As a small side note, they are generally made of plastic and copper wire wrapped around poles... I don't know if anyone makes pick-ups made from rock. It seems rather impractical to me.

I don't have much to offer to this thread I'm afraid, but I must comment on this.

Dry, so Dry
The prog kid from way down under of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

GENERATION 7: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Whats your problem with the pickups you have now?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by EuBoat
Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders.

/thread

Yeah, SD's are brilliant.
USA Fender Precision w/ Badass III + SD 1/4 pounders
MIM Fender Jazz
T21 SansAmp VT Bass
Gallien Krueger MB212
Quote by Emergancy Exit
EMG pickups are great for basicly evrything expecially rock and slap

also recomend looking into dimarzio ultra jazz series

the lightning rods would probably be better then the quarter pounders on the duncan side because they are noice canceling humbuckers instead of single coils. also the quarter pounders sound very "greendayish" they are a great pickup but the lightning rods are the "high output" model for passive duncan

I wouldn't put active pickups into an originally passive bass. I did that with a P, changing the battery is a huge pain in the ass. Also, lightning rods are not a higher output version of the passive SDs. In fact, they are active, so they're actually lower output. I might go with the QPs, they're nice pickups though I've never tried the jazz ones before. Dimarzio Model J pickups are nice, but the pole pieces stick out pretty far, so the strings hit the pickups which makes this nasty clicking noise when you slap too hard.

BTW here's a clip of slapping on the QPs. They sound pretty good, but they don't seem like they cut through that well compared to a lot of other jazz pups
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j73sJTswjvY
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
I'm going to agree with the vote's for SDs & Dimarzios, but I'd say the Fender Noiseless Jazz pickups are VERY nice, one came stock in my Fender P-Bass Special (wich is awesome) & I've been using it in a Hard/Southern Rock band, & it suits the band perfectly, also maybe looking into whatever pickups come stock in the Geddy Lee sig Jazz is an option, they sound fantastic.