What are peoples experiences with these? I mainly want it because I want an RG, and can't really afford a top range model, and I think in the yellow, with the maple neck it looks great. I've heard lots of bad things about the Edge III, and I know Ibanez's pickups aren't all that great either, but is eveything else good, because I can always change those parts. I'm already playing an S series, and I just want to add an RG to my collection, mainly in this scenario for that paint job, with the matching headstock.
I have an Ibanez RG370DX with an edge III bridge in it. I've had no problems thus far with it probably because I Never use it. I've heard that they break easy because they aren't meant for heavy use. IF you plan on using it extensively you'll want another bridge.
trem is the problem. by the time you've paid for a better trem, not to mention all the hassle which'll happen when it inevitably turns out to not be as easy a swap as you've bargained for, you could just have bought an rg1570 which already has a good trem and is a better all-round guitar too.

That kind of thing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
trem is the problem. by the time you've paid for a better trem, not to mention all the hassle which'll happen when it inevitably turns out to not be as easy a swap as you've bargained for, you could just have bought an rg1570 which already has a good trem and is a better all-round guitar too.

That kind of thing.
Yep.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Well, the RG1570 doesn't give me that awesome paint job and maple neck, so it doesn't appeal to me as much, I'd rather have to put in the effort for a guitar I'll be happier with when I finally reach the end result.

It's a shame the RG550 got discontinued, that range had the yellow paint job.

In fact, on the RG550, the yellow was even nicer, slightly more fluorescent rather than bright, I might try and get one of those on eBay or second hand, if they're not now rare and sought after?
Last edited by JackleCube at Jul 22, 2009,
it's not as good a guitar, though.

I mean, it's up to you. I realise that the colour etc. shouldn't matter, but it kinda does. If you utterly hate the paintjob, it might take away from the fact that it's an otherwise good guitar. But I'd think long and hard before buying a guitar which you know to be worse solely on the basis of the paintjob. Go to a shop and try both, for all you know you might like the 1570 so much more that the colour doesn't matter, kind of thing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I had an RG370 as my first guitar. I never had any problems with the tremolo, though I didn't really abuse it like some UGers seem to do. I did change the pu's though (PAF Pro & Tone Zone)
Its not worth the money.

Wait for a used one to appear on ebay craigslist etc... and you'll get a much better guitar for $400~~
Quote by JackleCube
Well, the RG1570 doesn't give me that awesome paint job and maple neck, so it doesn't appeal to me as much, I'd rather have to put in the effort for a guitar I'll be happier with when I finally reach the end result.

It's a shame the RG550 got discontinued, that range had the yellow paint job.

In fact, on the RG550, the yellow was even nicer, slightly more fluorescent rather than bright, I might try and get one of those on eBay or second hand, if they're not now rare and sought after?

You're not just getting a better trem, you're getting better wood, better neck, and better craftsmanship. Even if you upgrade everything on the RG350M, it still won't be as good as the prestige. Look into this:
http://ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-RG1550M
It's not worth buying a guitar with an Edge 3 new. But they are underrated trems and are not as bad the the ignorant boobs who don't know how to set up a double locking trem.
I'd go used no matter what you buy. You can get a lot of good deals. Ebay, the classifieds here, and other places have lots of guitars in excellent condition that people are just trying to sell off.

There is no reason to buy brand new unless you've got a bunch of money to just blow on whatever.