Ok so i know you see these around all the time, but i think i'm asking a little bit different of a question than most posters...

First, last week at band practice i broke the G String on my electric guitar and sadly found no spares at home. Tomorrow we have practice again for a show friday night. Instead of simply replacing the G string, i kind of want to replace all of my strings AND try out a new gauge..

I always usually play Enrie Ball Regular Slinky .010 - .046 but i am looking at getting a set of D'Addario EXL115 Nickel Blues/Jazz strings which run .011 - .049.

I'm just wondering if the strings will be adjusted to my guitar by the time the concert rolls around Friday night. I would change them tomorrow at around noon and the concert is Friday at 8 pm..also would changing to a higher gauge of string mess up my intonation?

EDIT: I have an Epiphone Dot if that makes a difference.
TABBERS WANTED
If you are interested, and are up to it, please PM me for more info on the song.
Yes, it's just one song in particular, theres no shredding or fast solos.
It is a mellow, instrumental, clean, song.
Quote by JRib1216
Ok so i know you see these around all the time, but i think i'm asking a little bit different of a question than most posters...

First, last week at band practice i broke the G String on my electric guitar and sadly found no spares at home. Tomorrow we have practice again for a show friday night. Instead of simply replacing the G string, i kind of want to replace all of my strings AND try out a new gauge..

I always usually play Enrie Ball Regular Slinky .010 - .046 but i am looking at getting a set of D'Addario EXL115 Nickel Blues/Jazz strings which run .011 - .049.

I'm just wondering if the strings will be adjusted to my guitar by the time the concert rolls around Friday night. I would change them tomorrow at around noon and the concert is Friday at 8 pm..also would changing to a higher gauge of string mess up my intonation?

EDIT: I have an Epiphone Dot if that makes a difference.

Changing gauge means you will have to change the intonation but if you play for a few hours and keep tuning they should be nicely stretched in by the time it comes to the gig.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
You would have to retune between each couple of songs....

I replace my strings always a week before a show, I would only restring the G. Or if you really want all new strings, boil them
yeah your strings will have settled by then. mine usually dont give me a problem after 24 hours as far as staying in tune goes, but on my acoustics and my T5 if I use elixier 80/20 coated strings they stay pretty stiff for about a week.

just frantically strum some open 6 string chords and keep retuning, they'll get there in a day
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
Just change them and give them a few good tugs when you have then retune. It's probably not the best idea unless you have a pedal with a tuner though cos you might have to retune every couple of songs.
Originally Posted by Demon Wolf
one dream of mine is to play baroque and roll.

i dont quite know what it is, but i assume it involves plenty of harpsichord solos and medieval chanting.

so you would not suggest switching all of my strings over tomorrow? i'm thinking if i play most of the afternoon tomorrow and the morning/early afternoon friday it SHOULD be fine..
TABBERS WANTED
If you are interested, and are up to it, please PM me for more info on the song.
Yes, it's just one song in particular, theres no shredding or fast solos.
It is a mellow, instrumental, clean, song.
Quote by JRib1216
so you would not suggest switching all of my strings over tomorrow? i'm thinking if i play most of the afternoon tomorrow and the morning/early afternoon friday it SHOULD be fine..

Do it. It will be fine.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.