Page 1 of 3
http://men.style.com/details/features/landing?id=content_9817&mbid=yhp&npu=1
It's a cool idea. Very hip, man. No need for possesions. Kind of nasty, though. Groovy, how this man needs no government, or economy. Though, it is kind of a reverse evolution thing, but it's all cool.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
It is possible. I know when I get my own house I'm gonna try not spending money as much as I can (dumpster diving for not-too-stale chips and such).
that's a cool idea.. but it means he's a screbby dirty bastard!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

If you can live without taking a shower every day, then I suppose you'd be fine.

I myself could not.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by Just Andrew
If you can live without taking a shower every day, then I suppose you'd be fine.

I myself could not.

Likewise.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
How again is it reverse evolution? If anything it's evolution at it's finest, he's found a unique way to survive the extreme conditions of society.
Haha, you're such a hippy. I mean, I don't care if you are, but it's so funny how much of a hippy you are.
Very cool. I won't remember him in a few hours because I do enjoy the positive things a society has to offer more than I do the negatives. If that's what he wants, who am I to stop him.
Quote by silversoulcage
he's found a unique way to survive the extreme conditions of society.

Such as clean running water and electricity right?
Last edited by Zaphikh at Jul 22, 2009,
Quote by Just Andrew

I myself could not.
nor I
where does he eat?? and how???
enjoi yourself

Quote by Arrived+Dparted

Zeus's beard, I died of laughter
Quote by Just Andrew

I myself could not.

Wow, really? I've been without a shower for a couple days recently, I haven't been out in public so I haven't needed one.

Quote by spanish lovin

It's amazing what kind of things supermarkets throw out.
Last edited by Alex Vik at Jul 22, 2009,
Quote by Zaphikh
Very cool. I won't remember him in a few hours because I do enjoy the positive things a society has to offer more than I do the negatives. If that's what he wants, who am I to stop him.

Such as clean running water and electricity right?

Not what I was getting. I was getting at the whole money thing, the entire reason he lives in a cave.

Smart-ass.
I think this would be awesome if he didnt have to dumpster dive. Basically he's jsut a hobo...
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by Alex Vik
Wow, really? I've been without a shower for a couple days recently, I haven't been out in public so I haven't needed one.

It's amazing what kind of things supermarkets throw out.

Week-long backpacking trips without showering at all are nothing new to me. If at home, I shower twice a day. I don't miss it if I don't have access to it.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by spanish lovin

You know, back before they had supermarkets...
Quote by Spitz13
**** you, i live in uruguay.
I knew darkstar would like this.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by silversoulcage
I was getting at the whole money thing

Oh yes, the stuff that helps put bread on the table for your family.

Quote by spanish lovin
where does he eat??

Wherever he happens to be situated with food.

Quote by spanish lovin
and how???

With his mouth.
Last edited by Zaphikh at Jul 22, 2009,
I must say, I have a strange sense of respect for the man. It's a good thing he's doing even though society thinks of him as a lowlife you can still see that there are people who can emphasize with him.
friends in Moab sometimes feed him
I must say that I like his ideology although I'm too much of a conformist myself to do as he does. I mean he gets around well enough, but I would never in my life go dumpster diving.
Quote by lockedandlogan
Let me get this straight. You're asking a bunch of people who are sitting at their computers, likely due to boredom, what to do for fun.

Quote by GaijinFoot
Old chinese proverb says: Man goes to bed with itchy bum, wakes up with smelly finger

Wise words
Even aside from the lack of hygeine and raiding bins for food, I wouldn't be able to live like that; I get bored far too easily to spend 9 years reading books from a library and taking walks
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
I thnk it's great what he does, the explanation of his eating habits actually seemed quite apetising (not the bad days where he has to eat roadkill).
I couldn't do it, but it's a great thing to live comfortably with no baggage.
wouldnt he need money for those clothes and glasses, if they break hows he gonna see?
Quote by hobson111
wouldnt he need money for those clothes and glasses, if they break hows he gonna see?

He must be cosmically conscouse, man. He sees with his inner eye.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Quote by Zaphikh
Oh yes, the stuff that helps put bread on the table for your family.

Wherever he happens to be situated with food.

With his mouth.

Even more to the point, if he doesn't have a family then he doesn't need money to feed anyone. You can eat without money, it's not hard.
Quote by silversoulcage
Even more to the point, if he doesn't have a family then he doesn't need money to feed anyone. You can eat without money, it's not hard.

You're completely right. It isn't hard at all. I'll tell you what's hard though - living a full life with responsibilities.
Quote by Zaphikh
You're completely right. It isn't hard at all. I'll tell you what's hard though - living a full life with responsibilities.

There is nothing less "full" about the life of a person like that than the life of a typical middle-class father.
Quote by Spitz13
**** you, i live in uruguay.
Quote by Uranutan
There is nothing less "full" about the life of a person like that than the life of a typical middle-class father.

I completely forgot - eating beans and rice in a cave whilst taking trips to the local library to write in my blog completely defeats any other goals I had set for myself in life. Forgive me, I must have been delirious.
As he prepares a cooking fire, Suelo tells me that years ago he had a neighbor in the canyon, an alcoholic who lived in a cave bigger than his. The old man would pan for gold in the stream and net enough cash each month to buy the beer that kept him drunk. Suelo considers the riches of our own forage. "What if we saw gold for what it is?" he says meditatively. "Gold is pretty but virtually useless. Somebody decided it has worth, and everybody accepted this decision. The natives in the Americas thought Europeans were insane because of their lust for such a useless yellow substance."

Dude, he's right... Why the **** do make a big deal over yellow rocks?

EDIT: Ya know. I would like to live like that. Without money, or at least spending very little and having a low income. Because I've been raised in the city, I know I can't handle what he does. But maybe we could manage to ween ourselves from money in someway. I think technology could help lessen the costs of living. There are so many ideas that could work. It's one of my goals in life. To manage to live a full life without spending much money to fill it.
Last edited by _A.D.I.D.A.S._ at Jul 22, 2009,
Quote by Pencil Man
http://men.style.com/details/features/landing?id=content_9817&mbid=yhp&npu=1
It's a cool idea. Very hip, man. No need for possesions. Kind of Very nasty, though. Groovy, how this man needs no government, or economy, or hygiene. Though, it is kind of a reverse evolution thing, but it's all cool.
*fixed*

[insert do-not-want dog, here]

I don't imagine that dude gets much pussy, living that way...
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Why would you want something as distracting as a woman around? They only cost money.
edit: to A.D.I.D.A.S., come to the Hip Thread, man. We need someone like you.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Last edited by Pencil Man at Jul 22, 2009,
there was a guy who did this in Alaska who died in the 1990's from eating a poisonous plant.

i'm forgetting his name...there was a movie on him as well.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Page 1 of 3