An epiphone thunderbird IV from guitarcenter. I tried out a lot of other basses including the American Fender P-Bass but still didn't like that. I really liked the thunderbird and decided to get it. I got it in burnt red and black. Can anyone tell me which pickup I should use for what? One is muddier and one is clearer. It sounds great and the neck dive really isn't too much of a pain. You can't really hit many frets around 17 but hey, who really needs to play there anyway. Maybe pics if somebody wants them.
Quote by SimplyStrings
I tried out a lot of other basses including the American Fender P-Bass but still didn't like that. I really liked the thunderbird and decided to get it.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

Whatever floats you boat, but to get a useable tone I'd use the bridge pickup only with the tone rolled up and a massive treble boost on your amp.
lol
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by SimplyStrings
Maybe pics if somebody wants them.

yes, now.
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
Quote by WARNINGnimrod12
yes, now.

Yeah lets see this puppy.

Current Gear
Schecter Stiletto Elite-5LH
Dean E09L
Line 6 LD15
Seriously? ......SERIOUSLY???

*epileptic seizure*

Well, anyways, I'm glad you're happy with it. Use the bridge pickup, all the time, if you like being heard. And yeah, about those 17-20 frets. Who needs them?

...I'm sorry. I can't take this thread seriously. Only listen to the part about the pickups.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Come on guys. I don't dislike the thunderbird as much as many other people on here. To some people it feels right. everyone is different.

The thunderbird is mostly a rock only instrument. It tends to have trouble cutting through the mix but definitely can get the tone that is "felt". Make sure to have a good powerful amp for any gigging if you happen to do any with that bass. I would probably favor the bridge pickup but blend a little bit of the neck pickup in when you want that deep bass sound.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Come on, people, it's not that bad. Frets 17-20 are mostly ignored in a lot of rock music and even some metal genres anyway. As for the pickups, I personally would replace them.
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115
The bridge is gonna be muddyer and more aggressive as someone said. But the neck is great for more electronic stuff and for bass tones. Btw Kings of leon bassist uses thunderbirds exclusively. And he has so ass kicking tone
Quote by FUT55
Btw Kings of leon bassist uses thunderbirds exclusively. And he has so ass kicking tone

That's because he uses this:

Any bass will sound good through an Ampeg SVT Classic and I doubt when TS has enough money to get that he will still be using thunderturds thunderbirds.
Quote by Spaz91

does want
USA Fender Precision w/ Badass III + SD 1/4 pounders
MIM Fender Jazz
T21 SansAmp VT Bass
Gallien Krueger MB212
Congrats on the new bass. I know alot of people here hate Thunderbirds, but I like them, each to there own. Personally I'd say a decent EQ on your amp/pedal (I'm gonna guess you have a smallish amp, with a small band EQ) will get rid of some of the muddiness, maybe pick up an EQ pedal, or Treble Boost to help out with the sound.
I'm not sure if the attachments are posted but heres my best shot at it.

Well it didn't work the files are too big anyone know how I can upload them?
Quote by SimplyStrings
I'm not sure if the attachments are posted but heres my best shot at it.

Well it didn't work the files are too big anyone know how I can upload them?

Resize them on Imageshack. You could just post stock photos.
no worries about not liking the fender. i hate them. yes. hate. i wouldnt play a thunderbird over it but im glad youre happy. naybe mod it up and make it a sex machine that wont work for any body but you? either way. get some pics up! haha i use this free image resizer, just google "resize images" and i think its the first link? either way get them up
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
Quote by Spaz91

Any bass will sound good through an Ampeg SVT Classic and I doubt when TS has enough money to get that he will still be using thunderturds thunderbirds.

I stand corrected
Quote by Spaz91