Hey, there may be a thread for this but i was intersted... has anyone ever got a bass then regreted it coz it wasnt as good as u thought?

For example... my first bass (cant get a pic yet soz) looked cool and all (bearing in mind it was my first bass and judged it on looks of pic on the internet) but just plain suced.

first regreat was it was from gear 4 music... yh know big mistake...

Second when i got it the strings where like 4 inches away from the neck (painfull too play but admitedly strengthen my fingers faster)

Therdly the pickups suced bum!

Forthly the trebble controll nob came off (no pun intended ^_^)

And finally the neak just kinda felt uncomfetable.
Current bass: Sterling music man ray 34! and RBX 374 Yamaha bass
This seems like a troll...

but if I'm mistaken, then I'm sorry.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
Epipone "goth" thunderbird. I was going through a metal phase so i really wanted a thunderbird - when i saw the goth epiphone i was like WANT NAO. So i begged my parents and i bought it with my own money.

The factory strings were awful but i didnt know better at the time - they broke in the middle of a band practice about 4 months after buying it. I put a pair of DRs on it and it sounds much better now. But the main gripe i have would be the neck dive. Its a real pain in the neck (rofl) how the headstock would drop to the floor every time i took my hand off the neck.
Quote by joehhy
Epipone "goth" thunderbird. I was going through a metal phase so i really wanted a thunderbird - when i saw the goth epiphone i was like WANT NAO. So i begged my parents and i bought it with my own money.

The factory strings were awful but i didnt know better at the time - they broke in the middle of a band practice about 4 months after buying it. I put a pair of DRs on it and it sounds much better now. But the main gripe i have would be the neck dive. Its a real pain in the neck (rofl) how the headstock would drop to the floor every time i took my hand off the neck.

Dude harsh... Did it look cool?
Quote by Spaz91
Stagg BC300, when I tried it in the shop I didn't realise I was playing it on a several thousand pound stack.

Oh jeeeeeeeeez man... what was the problem when you got the one you got? apart from quolity i mean major foults?
Quote by Samurai bassist
Oh jeeeeeeeeez man... what was the problem when you got the one you got? apart from quolity i mean major foults?

For a few months I was happy with it because I didn't know any better, I soon figured out ever aspect of it was... ass.

It sounded like ass.
It played like ass.
It was built like ass.
It looked like ass.
It felt like ass.
It was heavy as... ...ass?
Lol dude ill tell you what, at least you will be more carefull in the future... right?
Quote by Spaz91
For a few months I was happy with it because I didn't know any better, I soon figured out ever aspect of it was... ass.

It sounded like ass.
It played like ass.
It was built like ass.
It looked like ass.
It felt like ass.
It was heavy as... ...ass?

Oh dont forget looked like ass.

Woops sorry you didnt forget...
Last edited by Samurai bassist at Jul 22, 2009,
God im bored plz talk i got no bass atm coz im at my dads and i dont use forums very often so i dont much too do and i dont feel like an mmorpg atm and im so very impatiant........ TALK......... plz.
Last edited by Samurai bassist at Jul 22, 2009,
i guess it's not my own regret, but something my brother should regret haha. i picked up the bass from guitar but didn't have one of my own so i ended up starting off with his old one...

no freaking idea what it was, but whatever it was, it was RUBBISH. so i'll do the regretting for him... >_<
Quote by cupcake.
i guess it's not my own regret, but something my brother should regret haha. i picked up the bass from guitar but didn't have one of my own so i ended up starting off with his old one...

no freaking idea what it was, but whatever it was, it was RUBBISH. so i'll do the regretting for him... >_<

Yea you regreat the ass out of that thing... i think ass was a little unecsassery ass ass.
Im gonna stop saying that word just incase i get banned...
Quote by Samurai bassist
God im bored plz talk i got no bass atm coz im at my dads and i dont use forums very often so i dont much too do and i dont feel like an mmorpg atm and im so very impatiant........ TALK......... plz.

This is not a chat room. Bored...PM someone to join you in bass chat--.

Closing thread.