So i have been running utorrent for a few months, but now even when im downloading one small file (and have nothing seeding etc) it goes really slow. I have a fast pc and internet connection. As soon as i turn utorrent off my pc goes faster.

Is there anything i can do? ive tried reinstalling it but it just restarts the old program.
Lower your upload speed. Same thing happened to me so I switched to Azureus (I switched Vuze off)

Wait I read that again...So your not uploading and it goes slow? Switch to Azureus.
Last edited by metaldud536 at Jul 22, 2009,
Strange, Frostwire was doing that to me last night and I switched over to Utorrent for the first time and i got my fastest speeds ever.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
has it always been like that? because if so, it just sounds like a resource hog... I remember the old days of Limewire when I literally had to quit everything to download one song. That was on a 400Mhz Pentium 2 though..
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Buy whatever your downloading.
If you download fx. music that you really like, you should buy it and give credit to those who have worked hard to make it, instead of just finding some copy and taking it all for free.
Quote by jgbsmith
has it always been like that? because if so, it just sounds like a resource hog... I remember the old days of Limewire when I literally had to quit everything to download one song. That was on a 400Mhz Pentium 2 though..

no thats what i mean, i set it up initially and it was lightning speed.
Quote by Zino
If you download fx. music that you really like, you should buy it and give credit to those who have worked hard to make it, instead of just finding some copy and taking it all for free.

Cause the bands get 100% of the profits! I completely forgot!

I also forgot we all lived in happy land where we can afford all the music we listen to!
Quote by Zino

YESSAH! I'll get right on that sir!
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by Zino

Way to make an ass of yourself by assuming he's downloading copyrighted material
Quote by Zino

But i am an extremely dishonest person. I even downloaded Radioheads In Rainbows as a torrent, just to be a badass mofo.
Torrent programs ***** your half-open TCIP connections. There's nothing you can really do except messing around with your computer's registry, which isn't such a great idea.

Just get torrents while you're not using the computer.
Oh, and "buy the CDs instead" dudes; bands don't get **** from CD sales. Go to the shows and buy merch.