Page 1 of 2
http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2009/07/a-chinese-worker-has-killed-himself-after-a-fourth-generation-iphone-prototype-he-was-responsible-for-disappeared---the-25-y.html?csp=34

Chinese Engineer for a company that manufacturers for Apple was tortured after losing one of 16 4G iPhones in existence. The company thought he stole the iPhone and sold it to a competing company and they tortured him until he decided to jump off a 12 story building.

WTF. This is what goes into your iPhones people. Are you happy now.
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Quote by LegsOnEarth
Wait 5 hours
Be accused by the promoter of being late
Get told we have only a 10 minute set
Play pure noise for 10 minutes

Worst and most amusing gig of my life.

Anyone else had this kind of **** happen?!

Dimebag had a worse gig.
another iphone?
What are you dense?
Are you retarded or something?
Who the hell do you think I am?
I'm the goddamn Batman.

April 19th, 2011: The Night of the Boob

I have a cellular telephone. It has the numbers 0-9 on it and sometimes I get reception to make calls. Life is good.
I don't have an iPhone

Not supporting crappy software/hardware companies that use torture to keep their worforce in line FTW
Quote by Jaymz_515
Suicide; There's an app for that!

that was quick..
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by will123456789

that was quick..

when whas that shaid???
enjoi yourself

Quote by Arrived+Dparted

Zeus's beard, I died of laughter
chinese, I tell ya.

anywho. They had 16... Why can't they just ****ing make another one? It's not like they were ONLY able to make exactly 16.
Quote by spanish lovin
when whas that shaid???
Oh god Jaymz_515's post dissapeared O____o

Apple's onto us!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deleting posts on UG; there's an app for that
Last edited by Nietsche at Jul 22, 2009,
I haven't used one long term, but a friend of mine has one, and it's certainly a great little phone. I count the minutes until the contract Apple has with AT&T runs out so I can get one on Verizon.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Thank god I sold my iPod nano and used the money to buy a Zune
I have no sig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Steve Heil!
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
I think Steve Jobs pushed him off the building...
<_<
>_>

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Quote by Patty-cakez
chinese, I tell ya.

anywho. They had 16... Why can't they just ****ing make another one? It's not like they were ONLY able to make exactly 16.

It wasn't that he lost it. It was that they assumed he sold it to a competitor.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Quote by Patty-cakez
chinese, I tell ya.

this, also knowing apple in 3 minutes they'll have 16 iPhone 5G prototypes.

why do they even need a new prototype right now, they basically just got the 3GS iphone (which came out a few weeks after my mom got her 3G iphone which came out a few months after my dad got his iphone)
The greatest irony you will face is the fact that we wake up to live in a nightmare
Quote by TOOTH&NAIL
well played sir, well played
If Canadia wasn't a real place then where would Canadians come from?

T_T
Quote by Zaphikh
I have a cellular telephone. It has the numbers 0-9 on it and sometimes I get reception to make calls. Life is good.

+1 kudos to you

I find that a phone that has mapquest, games, internet, music, a compass(wtf?), calendar, youtube, weather, skateboard, pen, sword, swiss army knife, towel, personal butler, touch-screen capabilities, space ship rockets, hardware drill, m&m dispenser, bottle/can opener, flashlight, buttrest, robot slave, magical rope, lembas bread, magic wand and hammer but cant even use the functions of a normal cellphone quite ridiculous.
Quote by CustomCustom
wow talk about DEADication

Ha ha
I know now what I knew then, but I didn't know then what I know now
Quote by Nietsche
Oh god Jaymz_515's post dissapeared O____o

Apple's onto us!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, yes they are.

Quote by username94
http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadlin...5-y.html?csp=34

Chinese Engineer for a company that manufacturers for Apple was tortured after losing one of 16 4G iPhones in existence. The company thought he stole the iPhone and sold it to a competing company and they tortured him until he decided to jump off a 12 story building.

Just because I'm no longer their operating system of choice doesn't mean that they won't let me chew on an employees face for ruining apples plan to make an Applesauce application and a 4G Iphone, which would allow the user to order a liquidated Macintosh at any time, in any location.
And after a pre-determined amount of time, the Mac would reform into a terminator robot and rape the customers chickens, before Bob, the insane cross-eyed goat would come to the rescue and chew the Mac's "metallic extension" off.

And as it turned out, the Applesauce application was badly received by most people anyway, so the only one who suffered was the employee. And a chicken.
Quote by Myfirstpubes
+1 kudos to you

I find that a phone that has mapquest, games, internet, music, a compass(wtf?), calendar, youtube, weather, skateboard, pen, sword, swiss army knife, towel, personal butler, touch-screen capabilities, space ship rockets, hardware drill, m&m dispenser, bottle/can opener, flashlight, buttrest, robot slave, magical rope, lembas bread, magic wand and hammer but cant even use the functions of a normal cellphone quite ridiculous.

to be fair the m&m dispenser never really worked in the first place, and the magical rope only applies in the largest GB model of the iPhone
The greatest irony you will face is the fact that we wake up to live in a nightmare
Quote by TOOTH&NAIL
well played sir, well played
If Canadia wasn't a real place then where would Canadians come from?

T_T
Quote by Frets-On-Fire
Thank god I sold my iPod nano and used the money to buy a Zune

I don't understand...
I'm glad I've got an iPod, then. I don't even have a cell.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by username94
http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2009/07/a-chinese-worker-has-killed-himself-after-a-fourth-generation-iphone-prototype-he-was-responsible-for-disappeared---the-25-y.html?csp=34

This is a lie.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Yeah, Apple didn't torture him. But the Company did.
edit:
AppleInsider notes that it's the second piece of bad news for the company recently. Last week an investigation found that 45 of the 83 factories that built iPhones and iPods in 2008 weren't paying valid overtime rates, and that 23 weren't even paying some of their workers China's minimum wage.

This isn't good, either. What's up, China?!?!
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Last edited by Pencil Man at Jul 22, 2009,
Quote by Pencil Man
Yeah, Apple didn't torture him. But the Company did.
This is a lie.

Try actually reading the article in the link, people.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
This is a lie.

Try actually reading the article in the link, people.

It says "unbearable interrogation techniques"

The US used waterboarding as an interrogation technique, so don't rule out torture.
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
It says "unbearable interrogation techniques"

The US used waterboarding as an interrogation technique, so don't rule out torture.
Read the article AGAIN and tell me WHO allegedly tortured him.

The difference between torture and unbearable interrogation techniques" is NOT what makes this a lie.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
read about the massacre at tienemann square in Bejing 20 yrs ago and youll see not much has changed in China except for the communist party taking a liking to capitolism

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Read the article AGAIN and tell me WHO allegedly tortured him.

The difference between torture and unbearable interrogation techniques" is NOT what makes this a lie.

Quote by ShangHaiist

Foxconn has already issued a statement apologizing for the incident and admitting that ah section chief of the Central Security Division, surnamed Gu, may have used "inappropriate interrogation methods" such as searching Sun's house, holding Sun in solitary confinement and possibly beatings. Gu has been suspended without pay and the company is internally investigating the Central Security Division.

http://shanghaiist.com/2009/07/21/foxconn_employee_committed_suicide_1.php
Foxconn owns the Central Security Division.
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Page 1 of 2