I'm ordering this kit, http://store.guitarfetish.com/vistsgkitwid.html.
But I'm making some changes

I will add as follows

Grover Tuners.
Flamed Maple Veener.
Black Pickup rings.
Seymour Duncan SH-1 '59 Humbucker set-These will come later on.

As for my finish I'm planning on doing some black stain.
Last edited by Silent_Crow13 at Jul 24, 2009,
Quote by guitarcam123
thats not a build or the japanese flag...

You should be more encouraging.
Anyways, read some more threads around here, it might influence your choices a little more. Some of that stuff might not be of the best quality. You might want to save up and get name brand tuners. I hope you do something cool though.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

Last edited by salsawords at Jul 23, 2009,
Quote by guitarcam123

Actually during WWII that was the japanese flag. Ive wanted to see what one of these SG kits is like so ill be watching this
Douglas Spad with EMG 81x's
Epiphone LP jr. with EMG 89 split coil, alot of upgrades
Rig:
Power conditioner, Hush, ART Quadra/FX Reverb (all 3 in a rack), Peavey XXX, 2 Mesa 4x12 cabs.
Quote by sk8freakrt
Actually during WWII that was the japanese flag. Ive wanted to see what one of these SG kits is like so ill be watching this

Thank you for pointing that out. I piked the flag because I though it would be unique.

Does anyone have any paint suggestions or hardware changes suggestions?
I'm not sure the knobs really go with the color scheme but that's just me.
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
I think chrome hardware would look good on that.

Also, try find somewhere else to get most of the hardware.

Guitar Fetish are only good for pickups.
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by RJackson
I think chrome hardware would look good on that.

Also, try find somewhere else to get most of the hardware.

Guitar Fetish are only good for pickups.

Thank you for the input.
Quote by guitarcam123

Thanks for contributing Cam, I'm sure everyone appreciates your enthusiasm...

Anyways, the Rising Sun is pretty cool. I saw the Bravery live, and their guitar player rocks a rising sun Les Paul. It's pretty shnazzy looking.

Replacing hardware, isn't really a must but in the future I would definitely look into it. Their hardware will do the job. I mean, a bridge is a bridge. Unless it's falling apart, it'll do it's job.

Another thing you may want to do before gluing the neck, is check the frets. A lot of these kits don't have good fretwork. Check for level, and make sure they are all seated correctly. It's a bummer to plug in a ''finished'' guitar and have an incredible amount of fret buzz.
Quote by ohspyro89
Thanks for contributing Cam, I'm sure everyone appreciates your enthusiasm...

Anyways, the Rising Sun is pretty cool. I saw the Bravery live, and their guitar player rocks a rising sun Les Paul. It's pretty shnazzy looking.

Replacing hardware, isn't really a must but in the future I would definitely look into it. Their hardware will do the job. I mean, a bridge is a bridge. Unless it's falling apart, it'll do it's job.

Another thing you may want to do before gluing the neck, is check the frets. A lot of these kits don't have good fretwork. Check for level, and make sure they are all seated correctly. It's a bummer to plug in a ''finished'' guitar and have an incredible amount of fret buzz.

Thats true, fret buzz would be devistating. Pickups off the bat will most likely be a must though.
I do a have a few concerns about the wiring though, is that usally a difficult job? I have little experiance with soldering.