hey guys I asked this question in the EHX thread, but I figure most people don't go in that thread...so here's the problem, i Just got a small stone phaser from a guy on HC. The power source I use for my electric mistress doesn't turn work on the small stone. than i put a battery in the stone. when i step on it, the light turns on, but the sound cuts off. anybody have any idea what the problem is?
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

whenever you run a higher voltage through a pedal that can not handle said voltage, almost instant-fry.

kind of like running a R/C car into a brick wall, then hitting the same brick wall with a Mack.

addendum: and the LED still lights because it is run on a separate signal than the circuit, or is still getting some signal through the circuit.
Last edited by Skierinanutshel at Jul 22, 2009,
Quote by Skierinanutshel
open it up and see if you can tell any of the tell-tale signs of a fried electrical component.

Ok I opened it up, but I'm not sure what the signs to be looking for are haha....
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100

Quote by Skierinanutshel
anything blackened as though it was burnt, anything looking as though it was melted, the soldering looking "messed up" or "dirty". the actual components are charred/melted, etc.

I'll take some pics tomorrow when there's some natural light so I don't have to use the flash. But there is nothing like what you described, it all looks pretty in tact.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100

Well here's a pic of the inside. For some reason my camera can never focus when it gets so close, is this pic useless if it's not in focus? lol I dunno if you can tell, but everything seems to be where it needs..

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100

Does it just pop out? Or do I have to unscrew anything off the top? Because it isn't coming out, but I'm not using complete force, cause I don't want to snap anything. But maybe I have to unscrew the knob or the button on the front to disconnect?
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100