My band is currently trying our best to get a lot of shows. We've been calling places and giving demos, etc. Right now we're checking into a place called Cafe Supreme. It's a restaurant upstairs and a bar/show room downstairs. We got in and met with the owner today. He booked us for Sept 19th and said that soon he would send us a contract to sign stating we get the door and also that we are all over 21. BAM! There's the problem....my brother is in the band and he is only 16.

We didn't bring him today in case that came up. I know he's sending the contract so he won't see my brother until we play the show. Do you guys think that's a problem? I honestly don't think anything will happen cuz nobody ever cards the band when they get there and start setting up. I've played shows this past year before I was 21 in bars and I never got caught except once and all I said was "I'm in the band playing" and they said okay.

I can't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure one day I was curious about this and looked up the PA laws and it said if you're the entertainment that it doesn't matter as long as a parent or guardian is there but I can't remember.

Should we just not say anything and not care? Should we get my brother a fake ID? haha I dunno. Any ideas?
we played a show once and our singer brought a friend who was 17 and they wouldn't let her in. at least in Missouri it is illegal to have anyone under 18 in a bar. i don't know about the parent thing, you should check. i would ask because you don't want to show up that night and have him not be able to get in.
Earth without ART, is just Eh...
there was this blues thing in a pub that I went to, but I didn't bring my dad like I was meant to. The were supervisors, and they just said, if any police come they'll kick me out.
People in pubs/bars don't generally care, but if police come don't expect them to cover for you.

You're over 21, right? Therefore he is being accompanied by an adult.
I'd ask the owner of the bar. Some are cool with it, some are not.

Don't try to sneak your bro in. If you get caught and the owner does not like it, he will tell other bars not to book you guys. Bad reputation = no gigs. Be upfront and see if you can come to an agreement, including if you can bring your parents if you don't count as a guardian.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
AlanHB +1.

Also, consider this....

What if law enforcement comes in and finds out that your brother was able to sneak in. Possible consequence = venue loses liquor license. For a venue like this, it is the kiss of death.

I'm going to make an assumption on the positive side here that you wouldn't be sitting back saying, "Aw, gee... too bad.... sucks to be them!! But hey!! We had a gig! Who wants pizza?"

Surely, you would feel awful if this guy was forced to close up shop, risking not being able to afford to feed his family, just because your band was too self-centered to admit that you had an underage player and lied on a contract just to get a gig.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Just turn up on the date, noone will care.
Quote by AlanHB
Yeah well in special UG land chords = noob, scales = intermediate and modes = advanced. Most users are trying to finish the game on hard because then you get the trophies for noob and intermediate difficulties upon completion anyway.
Quote by Solid S/hit
Just turn up on the date, noone will care.

Here is a list of Solid S/hit's posts....

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/search.php?searchid=187700

YOU tell ME how credible this statement is....

CT

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Hrm... just go to his profile then and click 'find all posts by'

Entertaining, maybe.... depending on your preferred style of humour.

Demonstrating credibility based on depth and breadth of knowledge.... not so much.

CT