This is strictly research because of my poorness.

Right now I play a white 60th Anniversary Mexican Strat that I LOVE. However, I had to sell my Line 6 Spyder III 15 watt amp a while back because 1) it sucked and I hated it, and 2) I was helping my family with money. Right now, I borrow my brother's Peavey Microbass amp.

Now I'm looking at different possibilities to eventually add a new amp and maybe some pedals to my mostly nonexistent rig. I'm looking at a 15-30 watt amp that would be quiet enough to use in an apartment, but loud enough to play with a bassist and a drummer. I would like it to take pedals. Tube would be great but my budget bars stuff that's $400+. I am definitely willing to buy used.

I'm looking for a good versatile, clean sound that would work well with classic rock and blues. Some of the amps I've been looking at are:

• Peavey Classic 30
  • Crate V16 Palomino
  • Some entry level Fender tube
  • Roland BC-30 BluesCube (played this the other day and liked it)
  • Orange Crush 15R

I am also looking at some pedals. I would like to eventually get a really good fuzz. Then wah, then other time and modulation effects. Right now I have one Boss SD-1 overdrive pedal which is good for RATM and Muse, but I would really love a sound that would be good for Jimi Hendrix and David Gilmour type endeavors, which is why I'm looking at fuzz. Some of the pedals I've been looking at are:

• Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face
  • ZVex Fuzz Factory
  • Fulltone 70's Fuzz

I really I am being picky picky picky, but I am one of those people that does a ton of research before spending one cent. So if you have any words of warning or recommendation, that would be great. Thanks!
Oh, and get the tweed / NOS edition Blues Junior if you can swing the doh.
why dont try out some amps that possess distortion settings on it you might like and not get a pedal. save your money.
whats ure main genre's?
MIM Fender Strat
Ibanez AE series acoustic
Washburn Semi Hollow loaded with Di-Marzios
Main Street LP
Tama drum set
Marshall Blues-breaker 2
VOX V847 Wah
Fender Princeton chorus
dont get the orange crush. either the blues junior like phat104u said or the Peavey Classic 30. the peavey classic 30 will be louder than the BJ and maybe more usable in that Bass/drum situation you see yourself playing in. better cleans out of the BJ, more headroom for cleans out of the classic 30. I think Peavey Classic 30s have been known to be a bit more reliable than BJ's. not that BJ's arent reliable, I just meant that statement relatively
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
Quote by Bright Light
dont get the orange crush. either the blues junior like phat104u said or the Peavey Classic 30. the peavey classic 30 will be louder than the BJ and maybe more usable in that Bass/drum situation you see yourself playing in. better cleans out of the BJ, more headroom for cleans out of the classic 30. I think Peavey Classic 30s have been known to be a bit more reliable than BJ's. not that BJ's arent reliable, I just meant that statement relatively

Yes. It really depends upon how loud your buddies are, and how much you like cleans. If you value cleans, BJ with a pedal (this is me). If you you're more concerned about volume, then the 30. Not that the BJ is "quiet" though...

Get out there and TRY the amps. Because that's the real decision maker.
Okay, thanks. I do keep coming back to the Classic 30 over and over. The Guitar Center near my house has a terrible amp selection though, but I think there's a Blues Junior.