I am looking to replace the pickups in my ibanez RG320PG-P1 and RG270DX. Both have a Basswood body a maple neck and rosewood fretboard. Both guitars have a locking tremolo. The 320 model has 2 humbuckers. The 270 model has 2 humbuckers and 1 single coil mounted in H/S/H order. I primarily play metal and industrial music such as lamb of god, Kill switch engage, Slipknot, Cradle of Filth, Static-X, Nine Inch Nails, etc. I need pickups with High Output yet a Dark, clear Clean sound. I also need a Hum cancelleing Single coil Pickup for the 270 model. Any Sugestions are welcome thank you for your time.
Amp?
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
what amp? Budget? I'm just gonna go ahead and say EMG 81/60

Or Duncan JB/Hotrails/59, JB/59, JB/Jazz, JB/Hotrails/59, JB/JB Jr/59, JB/JB Jr/Jazz.

Dimarzio D Activator X set.

You know what's funny? i think blackouts died. Nobody talks about blackouts around emg's in UG anymore. That's cool because blackouts aren't too great.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by apak
what amp? Budget? I'm just gonna go ahead and say EMG 81/60

Or Duncan JB/Hotrails/59, JB/59, JB/Jazz, JB/Hotrails/59, JB/JB Jr/59, JB/JB Jr/Jazz.

Dimarzio D Activator X set.

You know what's funny? i think blackouts died. Nobody talks about blackouts around emg's in UG anymore. That's cool because blackouts aren't too great.

Ive played guitars with the Seymour duncan pickups pickups and the tone sounded a bit to loose with not enough bass response. the amp is a Line 6 Spider III 120 Watt 210 solid state combo amp
Last edited by Helion786 at Jul 31, 2009,
Do believe I've played that amp XD
You should probably keep your money for a better amp that can put out what you give it first.
But yeah, For the double humbucker, D activator x maybe.
Till Death Do Us Part
So Die
A Spider III is always going to have a lack in tone, it's the tradeoff for being able to model a lot of different tones, you lose out on a lot of response.

For the kind of metal you play, a Marshall tube amp (like a JTM), a Laney, a Blackstar, or any other kind of higher gain tube head/combo will be better than buying some new pickups. Pickups are used more for tweaking your tone once you have an amp that can handle it.

Quote by bv310
A Spider III is always going to have a lack in tone, it's the tradeoff for being able to model a lot of different tones, you lose out on a lot of response.

For the kind of metal you play, a Marshall tube amp (like a JTM), a Laney, a Blackstar, or any other kind of higher gain tube head/combo will be better than buying some new pickups. Pickups are used more for tweaking your tone once you have an amp that can handle it.

+1 Save up for a new amp. Its not that you won't hear a difference, you will but it will still be the same digital spider tone. Not a 200 dollar difference.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
^exactly what I was trying to say. Through a good higher-gain tube amp, those pups will sound good.