Well, I have heard of pitch shifted guitar, and on my vetta the tracking on it is not good at all, there is like a 2 ms delay. Any VSTs I could use?

Any tips on getting a good bass tone to make a mix sound full and 3Dimentional, would be great.
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
just pan it to make it sound wider.
copy it, eq one track different.
stuff like that.
Quote by deadringer13
xjosheex, you have made a simple answer to it all haha

Quote by Pr0gNut
I hope he gets a blood disease and dies alone and screaming.

I mean that in the nicest way possible of course.
Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-
Well, I have heard of pitch shifted guitar, and on my vetta the tracking on it is not good at all, there is like a 2 ms delay. Any VSTs I could use?

Any tips on getting a good bass tone to make a mix sound full and 3Dimentional, would be great.

EDIT: Totally misread your question actually

I normally just compress the bass quoite heavily and pan it dead center, I use a bass amp plugin as well. You can get a free one from the acme bar gig website
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Last edited by cuthbertg at Jul 22, 2009,
First two poster: I know about double tracking. I just have no idea what good bass tone is, as I don't play it. I have a ****ty Aria bass in my basement with a bunch of fret buzz and an old Fender Bass amp. Would that be better? I tried it in a mix and sounded like balls. Woud pitch shifted guitar be better and are there any good REALTIME plugins for that? And can someone give some good general settings for bass? EX: Treble 5 Mids:8 Bass :10

Thanks

EDIT: ^Cool. Do you use a bass or guitar for that plugin?
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
Last edited by DiSTuRBeD -26- at Jul 22, 2009,
oh. turn the mids down a bit.
and you need more treble then you think.
dont turn the bass up tyhinking it will be heavy
it will end up being a big muddy pile of ****.
Quote by deadringer13

Quote by Pr0gNut

actually.
to hell with bass.
=]
Quote by deadringer13

Quote by Pr0gNut

Quote by CatharsisStudio
DISTORT THE MOTHER ****ING HELL OUT OF THE BASS hahaha and then slam it with compression and highpass it and then slam itthen duplicate that track take all the effects of it and low pass it so you have a gnarly distorted track and then a clean

I dont want a distorted bass though =/

Where do I put the low pass and high pass? Any EQing tips? I'm not sure what slam it means. Thanks Ryan
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
just mix it till it sounds good to you.
Quote by deadringer13

Quote by Pr0gNut

Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-
I dont want a distorted bass though =/

Where do I put the low pass and high pass? Any EQing tips? I'm not sure what slam it means. Thanks Ryan

The high pass and low pass where only for distorting - so you get the high and mid freqencies of the fuzz but then still get the clean bass and sub bass.

And I think, however crap your bass is, it will probably always be better then pitching a guitar down and octave.

Maybe try using a frequency analyzer, and compare it with the kick, make sure the two don't have too many competing freqencies. I also like to high pass everything but the bass and the kick at about 200hz to leave plenty of room down there.

If your sruggling to get a good bass tone, you could always go with the "bass should be felt and not heard" and just have it there as a kinda bassy presence to fill out the sound, without much mids or treble. Perhaps try using a low pass filter for this.
Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-
EDIT: ^Cool. Do you use a bass or guitar for that plugin?

I use a bass, in the end i just got a Yamaha RBX100 after trying to use my guitar with either the widi-audio to midi realtime plugin and outputting the midi to steinberg virtual bassist/a synth, or using the audio to midi function in melodyne. an octaver just doesn't do a good enough job I'm afraid.

Even pros have trouble micing a bass cab and usually just DI the bass straight into the desk/interface.

At the moment I just plug straight into my mixer/interface, though I really need a DI box I reckon to get more headroom. On my multimix I have the channel vol set to max, the gain on 8.5 (any higher and it clips) and the channel in cubase set to max just to get a half decent signal and then I have to normalise the recording to -3 Db so yeah, I reckon I need a DI box as well
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Quote by sam i am
The high pass and low pass where only for distorting - so you get the high and mid freqencies of the fuzz but then still get the clean bass and sub bass.

And I think, however crap your bass is, it will probably always be better then pitching a guitar down and octave.

Maybe try using a frequency analyzer, and compare it with the kick, make sure the two don't have too many competing freqencies. I also like to high pass everything but the bass and the kick at about 200hz to leave plenty of room down there.

If your sruggling to get a good bass tone, you could always go with the "bass should be felt and not heard" and just have it there as a kinda bassy presence to fill out the sound, without much mids or treble. Perhaps try using a low pass filter for this.

OK, I will try to use my bass downstairs. Should I just run it through my Vetta and use like a Fender Bassman model on it? I have VoxengoCurveEQ. So you want me to compare the kick and bass and make sure they DON'T have similar spectrums, correct? And then put the highpass at 200hz, and the lowpass at, idk 20 hz or something?

If you could clear this up for me, that would be great.
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
^All the bands I've heard don't have distorted bass, unless I am badly mistaken and don't know what it sounds like (I hope I'm not)

BTW: Did you get my message on AIM?
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
I'm actually leaving, like, RIGHT NOW so I will AIM you when I get back around 5. Do you think you'll be on?
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz