Looking into buying a new guitar from the local fender shop and i was wondering what kind to buy
What amp?
What styles?
Budget? I would get a SRV Lenny Tribute because you have no budget
MIM HSS strat.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Quote by sw1ss023
MIM HSS strat.

+1
Gear
American Deluxe Stratocaster
Deluxe Reverb Reissue
Just go try out a bunch and see what you like. Im a huge fan of Teles and strats. But i really recomend you try before you buy, as Ive played several newer strats that were terrible.
Yeah, some strats are pretty bad, but any MIA (usually $650 at its lowest used) is a good investment.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by Pencil Man
Yeah, some strats are pretty bad, but any MIA (usually $650 at its lowest used) is a good investment.

I disagree... From my experience even the MIA are hit and miss. One of the worst sounding strats ive played was a MIA standard.
WWWHHHATTTTT???
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
i know... i was in shock. And some of the best were MIM... of course...
That american deluxe sure was nice

Ya an HSS Strat would be a good idea. Also, if you can get your hands on a 72 Deluxe Tele in that range I would get it. Its got some decent pickups for metal and you can eventually throw something else in there for more power.
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
+1 to playing before you buy. Fender is one of the brands that I will not buy without trying. When I got my Strat I went in to GC and played 15 or so guitars in my price range, and bought the guitar that played the best. Happened to be an American Deluxe Strat, but some of the other Strats I played that day were nowhere near as good.