I've been playing bass for a while now and I have 2 bass amps, a ibanez soundgear 65w and a Ashdown MAG 300. Lately I've found myself playing guitar more than bass, and Ive been playing through my bass amps along with my russian big muff. My question is would it be worth my money to dish out and buy a guitar amp if I like the sound I can get out of my bass amps. Also would the 65 watter be enough to play a small gig as in a small bar? I know that Josh Homme from Kyuss and QOTSA sometimes plays guitar through bass amps and thats where I got the idea from. any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated
If you like the sound you get, then that's really all you need to justify using that amp. If you like the way it sounds, then go for it.
As for whether or not it's loud enough, I can't really answer you there, as I've not done a gig yet myself either.
playing a small bar you don't need more that about 30watts so power dosen't really matter. i've seen bands play with 15watt amps. as for the bass part, if it works for you then all good.
dont fix that which isnt broken...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
No, you absolutely do NOT need a guitar amp. Lots of stoner rock bands do this because you get kickass low end this way. I only play guitar through bass amps and I really dig the sound. The cleans are really deep this way and the heavier tones destroy.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
alright thanks for the imput guys

Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
No, you absolutely do NOT need a guitar amp. Lots of stoner rock bands do this because you get kickass low end this way. I only play guitar through bass amps and I really dig the sound. The cleans are really deep this way and the heavier tones destroy.

hehe I'm actually playing rhythm guitar for a stonerish band as of now, so this should work out nicely