Why do you ask? Are you having any difficulties?
As far as I can tell everything looks fine, but I could be wrong. Nice guitar too! I like the flame top.
Cookie for me?
Sometimes when I play really fast downpicked songs like master of puppets, my picking shoulder seems to tense up and cramp a little.
Looks fine to me.

In my opinion, it's better to straighten out your 3rd-5th fingers instead of having them clenched like a fist. It relaxes your hand better, making your playing sound less mechanical and prevents injury better.

Quote by rand0mher0742
yeah... it looks photoshopped... just kidding... does posture really matter?
Yes, posture matters.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Last edited by food1010 at Jul 22, 2009,
Quote by dNWaKE
Sometimes when I play really fast downpicked songs like master of puppets, my picking shoulder seems to tense up and cramp a little.

Try slower songs... Having your shoulder cramp because of downpicking shouldn't be caused by your body position. You could always try playing in the classical position (http://www.acguitar.com/media_files/articles/193/23824/classic_sit.jpg) and see if it's any better like that
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Well I know this sounds weird but it helps, keep your thumb in line with every position you go in, lots of people have the problem of "dragging" there thumb which makes for some awkward positions. I hope I described that well. Your posture looks fine to me. Whatever feels good to you is what its all about.
Try to keep you shoulders even and straight. Make sure to always play loose and not tense up anywhere which will develop into serious muscle injuries after time. I like to always keep my guitar floating off my lap with the strap pretty tight to keep the same playing position I would have standing up.

Picking technique isn't as important other than keep your hand relaxed. I use a similar technique to you but have my thumb locked (Like Benson/Adam Rodgers) and keep the other fingers in the classical guitar type form to help grabbing chords quickly with the fingers.

But it depends on what feels comfortable to you as you can have a clean technique using any technique method really.
Is it bad if my elbow area tends to get sort of fatigued if I downstrike fast for a while? I try to pick from my wrist.
Try pointing your left elbow out a little.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.