In case you don't know them, they are a glam metal band from the 80s (but more obscure) and youll love them if you like Quiet Riot, Twisted Sister, Van Halen, Motley Crue, etc.

For those of you who know them, they rock, don't you think? they are one of the most underated bands from the 80s.

I wanna be somebody-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZb3Xya7jQ8
F*ck like a beast-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxHl3gr-WMM
Wild Child-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsoLb-E7oy8

They have other good songs for sure, but those are just ones that I like a lot.

BTW, search bar didn't show anything, or maybe my searching skills suck.
Last edited by actaderock at Jul 22, 2009,
Wild Child=Best W.A.S.P song
no its true i see herman li saddling up a dragon as we speak.
also, if you misspell improv again, your next child will be born retarded

an argument over the blues ^^
the song's called "hellion" i think, not wild child.
nick_b is currently obsessed with:
Pokemon
Pinch Harmonics
12/8 timing
7/8 timing
Lamb of God
Rise Against
Regina Spektor
Dream Theater
and many others...
oh yeah, wild child, never heard it before, but it is great, im putting it in the list, just cause it is epic
A lot of their songs are amazing. I wouldn't really lump them in with the hair metal bands, they're a lot more raw then the lot of them.

The entire self-titled album is amazing, and The Last Command is also sick. All of their albums are sick, really!!!
Gear:
LTD M-207 (Soon to be modded)
B.C. Rich Bronze Mockingbird
Jay TurSuhr Vintage Strat
Takamine EG561C
Randall RG50TC

GAS:
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 MN Tribal Green
Wasp is indeed awesome!

The band is pretty good, too.
A samurai once asked Zen Master Hakuin where he would go after he died. Hakuin answered 'How am I supposed to know?'
'How do you not know? You're a Zen master!' exclaimed the samurai.
'Yes, but not a dead one,' Hakuin answered.
Quote by ToneLabeouf
A lot of their songs are amazing. I wouldn't really lump them in with the hair metal bands, they're a lot more raw then the lot of them.

The entire self-titled album is amazing, and The Last Command is also sick. All of their albums are sick, really!!!

why not?
Read the words right after the ones you bolded. haha
Gear:
LTD M-207 (Soon to be modded)
B.C. Rich Bronze Mockingbird
Jay TurSuhr Vintage Strat
Takamine EG561C
Randall RG50TC

GAS:
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 MN Tribal Green
i just love I wanna be somebody.i'm always going crazy when i listen to that song.Wild Child and LOVE machine are great too, but i never been in wasp very much.
Their best material I think is the ''Crimson Idol'' album from 1992. Its great check out that album its nuts.
**** yes W.A.S.P.!

Killer stage shows how i would pay to see them back in the day absolutely incredible 80's metal. The theatricality and darkness of there music and shows is amazing and people thought Marilyn Manson was shocking?

That scene in the Decline of Western Civilization The Metal Years where Chris Holmes is sitting in his stage gear on a little floaty chair in his pool with the handle of vodka is pretty unfortuneate.

But as hard as they were W.A.S.P. has some of the best and most listenable power ballads in my opinion.

As for Cimson Idol, not my favorite W.A.S.P. album but it's up there with Operation Mindcrime for best concept album. Blackie Lawless is an amazing story teller.
Sounds like? - "A THOUSAND TIMES BETTER THAN WHAT YOU"RE LISTENING TO ON YOUR IPOD RIGHT NOW!"
- Steel Panther
Last edited by LightninStrikes at Jul 24, 2009,
WASP is one of my fav 80s bands for sure, I Wanna Be Somebody, Wild Child and I'm Blind In Texas are all great. they also did awesome covers of The Who's The Real Me and Humble Pie's (yes i know its an old motown song) I Don't Need No Doctor. blackie is one of my fav singers as he has a voice like no others perfectly suited for the lurid content of their songs.
All my favorite WASP albums are the ones from the 80s with Holmes on guitar. WASP had a ton of great songs like B.A.D. and Animal.
Btw if you're wondering what the name stands for, i know there is a lot of dispute, but when asked, singer Blackie Lawless replied "we ain't sure, pal" W.e A.in't S.ure P.al

nuff said
New W.A.S.P. album coming in october it's called Babylon and the cover art looks badass! I'm ****ing stoked.
Sounds like? - "A THOUSAND TIMES BETTER THAN WHAT YOU"RE LISTENING TO ON YOUR IPOD RIGHT NOW!"
- Steel Panther
I just love all of it man. The first WASP song I heard was Animal (F**k Like A Beast) and I loved it. Wild Child is my favourite WASP song.
They maybe an 80's band, but they're a metal band they should be there IMO.

The Crimson Idol = ****ING AWESOME!
Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torment of man
****ING FINALLY! I've been waiting to see W.A.S.P. for years and February 26th! My god I finally get to see Blackie Lawless! I'm getting front row (general admission) and I am going to ****ing get a high five from Blackie!
- Steel Panther