Does anyone here have one? I'm thinking about getting either the AC30 one or the classic rock one. I'd like to get one so I can practice while at college, that way I'm not bothering anyone. My Blues Deluxe is just way too loud. But yeah, if any of you have one, just let me know what you think. Thanks!
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
wait and see until you get to college whether people care. From my personal experience, they don't as long as you practice during daylight hours and not during exam periods.
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
+1 to samuwel

also just buy one and keep the receipt and worse comes to worse return it and get ur 50 bucks back ir however much they are
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
I have the AC30 and it is pretty sweet. Its like a tube amp in your ears! I've even even heard of some guys using them to record! The AC30 can get some decent classic rock distortion, but definitely nothing too heavy, and it cleans up real nice when you roll back your guitar. The cleaner settings are crisp and Voxy like they should be. I recommend getting some decent headphones, cuz thats what made all the difference in the world for me.
Quote by Moose1309
I have the AC30 and it is pretty sweet. Its like a tube amp in your ears! I've even even heard of some guys using them to record! The AC30 can get some decent classic rock distortion, but definitely nothing too heavy, and it cleans up real nice when you roll back your guitar. The cleaner settings are crisp and Voxy like they should be. I recommend getting some decent headphones, cuz thats what made all the difference in the world for me.

That sounds promising. I'm mainly into playing indie, alt-country, post-rock, so it sounds like the AC30 would be the best bet. What kind of headphones does it use? the ones with the quarter inch cables, or just mp3 player headphones?
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
it plugs in with a 1/4" male jack, and has an 1/8" female jack for your headphones... and it's far from sounding like a tube amp... but not having a pissed off passive-agressive roommate for $40 is a sweet deal.
i have the Lead one. it has built in delay effect which is ok i guess. with my epiphone LP, i can get a really decent sweet child of mine sound with gain and tone on max on the neck pup. so that gives you a good idea of how it sounds. its not as smooth as slash's tone tho of course. for the money, its def worth it. the Lead can't get really clean but its good enough for me. i dont play cleans that much. i play on slight breakup.

the Lead amplug sounds better and more authentic than my fender 15w ss.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
That sounds promising. I'm mainly into playing indie, alt-country, post-rock, so it sounds like the AC30 would be the best bet. What kind of headphones does it use? the ones with the quarter inch cables, or just mp3 player headphones?

To be quite honest, that doesn't sound promising, it sounds like an advertisement... you're not gonna get tube tones out of these, the whole point is convenience and simplicity, not good tone.
Quote by GrisKy
it plugs in with a 1/4" male jack, and has an 1/8" female jack for your headphones... and it's far from sounding like a tube amp... but not having a pissed off passive-agressive roommate for $40 is a sweet deal.

This is exactly what I'm going for. haha. I could care less about great tone. I just want something I'll be able to practice with. I didn't expect it to have tube quality. That would just be daft.

I have the AC30 Amplug and based on what you've said, I think you'll be really happy with it; I'm really happy with mine. It does exactly what it is supposed to do and actually sounds better than you would expect from something so small and cheap. A decent pair of headphones does make a difference, but I wouldn't go out and spend like $200 or anything. I got a pair of Sony Studio headphones for like $25 and they sound just fine with the Amplug.

One of the coolest features of the Amplug imo is that it has an auxiliary input as well. Get yourself a male to male 1/8" input cable and you're all set. I picked one up on eBay for like $2 shipped. You can plug your mp3 player or laptop or whatever into the Amplug and play along with whatever you want. Honestly it has proved to be one of the absolute best practice tools I own. I've found that there's no substitute for practicing this way where you have the sound right in your ears and can control precisely both your instrument volume and the track volume of whatever you're playing along with. It's also really nice for learning fast or tricky solos if you use Windows Media Player because you can slow down tracks without changing the key.
Thanks Jim! I really appreciate that input. I think I will end up getting it. One more question though... are you able to play with it through pedals?

guitar-->pedals-->amplug-->headphones-->your head... but it doesn't really do the pedals justice IMO.
I haven't tried to play with it through pedals, but have read of other people doing it with success. I'll give it a try later and report back.
i love the amplug ....

i have the metal and ac30 .. and both sound awesome .

perfect for playing outside anywhere .

and the sound is sweet . perfect for dorm and college use .

they really worth .. as long as your realistic with your expectations ... it emulate a sound .. and you wont a 100 % sounding quality of a cranked triple rectifier . it work fine .

at home i plug directly the amplug into my 4x12 cab ... sound very great too for bedroom .

they defenatly worth . they fit in your case with earbud ... and your set
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
I wouldn't try to put pedals through it, but I heard these are decent for practicing.

Also heard that consumer headphones sound better through them than $100 Sennheisers... don't know if that's true...just what I heard.

I was planning on getting one of these and a traveler speedster guitar for early morning cubicle jamming.
Quote by MetalHead916
I wouldn't try to put pedals through it, but I heard these are decent for practicing.

Also heard that consumer headphones sound better through them than $100 Sennheisers... don't know if that's true...just what I heard.

I was planning on getting one of these and a traveler speedster guitar for early morning cubicle jamming.

I have tried to use a couple different pedals with one before (classic rock model, if I remember correctly) for ****s and giggles, and the effect is there, just doesn't sound as good as it would through a normal gigging-quality amp. That much is to be expected... ofcourse FX are going to sound better through a real AC-30 than a pocket-sized ss clone (even if it's by the same company)! That said, if you run a delay in your signal chain, for example, you'll hear a delayed output through your headphones.

as for the headphone issue, might have something to do with tracking headphones voiced flat so that you can precieve adjustments that you make to the EQ with a zero base-line, instead of commercial headphones/earbuds which are typically voiced to be either loud or bass-heavy.
Thanks for all the info. I think I will end up getting one next paycheck.

I had one and my dog ate it. <--- no lies, but i had a nice set of Skullcandy head phones and i loved mine, it did exactly what its supposed to do..
I have the Lead version and it's one of the best $60 gadgets I've ever bought. One thing though, MAKE SURE YOU USE A GOOD SET OF HEADPHONES! The difference between using my ipod headphones compared to a good set of HD headphones like shown below is huge.

O yeh, as for recording with it and using pedals, it records ok, you can hear yourself atleast. Might not work with some pedals though. The recording on my profile was done with my Lead Amplug. I had it set up like this: guitar -> Boss ME-20 (only EQ active) -> Amplug (in ME-20 output) -> double male 1/8" extension (in Amplug headphone out) -> computer mic input.

Then I just used Audacity.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
Last edited by James13v at Jul 24, 2009,