So, I was browsing through local classifieds when I found a white BC Rich ST3. He claims it's made in the USA. I wish I could confirm that but I can't see the headstock where made in USA is printed.

http://s287.photobucket.com/albums/ll156/MightyOwned/?action=view&current=yay.jpg

I'm not going to buy this guitar (low on cash, just got a new guitar, etc.), but I just want to see opinions in case it might be worth saving for it.
Last edited by DIMEBAGLIVEDON at Jul 22, 2009,
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
So, I was browsing through local classifieds when I found a white BC Rich ST3. He claims it's made in the USA. I wish I could confirm that but I can't see the headstock where made in USA is printed.

http://s287.photobucket.com/albums/ll156/MightyOwned/?action=view&current=yay.jpg

I'm not going to buy this guitar (low on cash, just got a new guitar, etc.), but I just want to see opinions in case it might be worth saving for it.

its realy nice..i dont have any personal experience with 1....but Hss pickup patter....

is that a original floyd?
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
80's BC Rich guitars kicked ass. I would if you play hard rock or metal. Hell, I'd play Blues on that thing
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
I play thrash metal.

I don't know if it's an original floyd. I've been doing research and I found info, but useless info.
Quote by fretsofthebeast
its realy nice..i dont have any personal experience with 1....but Hss pickup patter....

is that a original floyd?

The locking screws for the saddles stick further out from under the fine tuners, so it looks like an OFR. Sure ain't a cheap LFR or FRII. Might be a Kahler Steeler, but I wouldn't be able to tell without reading the actual stamp on the bridge.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
I can see the "Made in USA" script under the logo, so it is a USA ST-3. As far as the floyd, BC Rich used a lot of Gotoh made floyds along with all sorts of Kahlers. If it is a Gotoh, there's no worries about quality as they make really good licensed floyds.

Anyway, I think that it's worth saving for.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
That is one hell of a great guitar, that will be a vintage thrash masterpiece soon enough.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
I like this.
I like this a lot.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Save for it. Everyone needs to own at least 1 '80s super strat guitar in their lifetime.

I agree 100% with this.
Their is a guitar exactally like that at a pawn shop near where i live. I played it, and it played nice considering its been abused, and been sitting in a pawn shop for who knows how long. The only thing is, its hot pink and beat to hell. The dude wants 125 for it. I offered him 75, and he said no. LOL So thats the end of that story!
Quote by IPlaySchecter
Their is a guitar exactally like that at a pawn shop near where i live. I played it, and it played nice considering its been abused, and been sitting in a pawn shop for who knows how long. The only thing is, its hot pink and beat to hell. The dude wants 125 for it. I offered him 75, and he said no. LOL So thats the end of that story!

srsly? this is exactly what I want! Are you by any chance in boston? Honestly, I need this guitar.
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
It's $250, so a good deal.

I really want it, but I'm really young you see and I have no job. I'm afraid that the time I get 250, the guitar will be gone. I'm going to have to sell a lot of crap I don't use.
Last edited by DIMEBAGLIVEDON at Jul 23, 2009,
I have one of these and wish I had a dozen. People bad mouth present day Riches and for good reason but this is a better guitar than all my RGs and I love my RGs! In fact, IMO, the wizard necks were modeled after the early mia Riches. Wide, flat fret board on a thin fast neck, alder body and they came stock with DiMarzio Super 3 in the bridge and X1 single coils and believe it or not an Ibanez Edge trem because of legal issues with Kramer and Floyd Rose at the time. I haven't played any new BC Rich that was anything but an embarrassment compared to the mia '80's models.

*edit* The guitar pictured IS the real deal MIA version. Anything other than a MIA would say NJ, Rave, Bronze, etc series on the headstock and also the imports were shaped slightly more like a stock strat instead of an RG. Also the imports always have bezels around the p'ups and usually stock "strat style'' trems or sometimes a Kahler flush mount. And also the heads on the imports were slightly fatter and angled downward ever-so-slightly more than the MIA. Any price under $600 is an astronomical deal. I have seen them on ebay from $800 to $1600 depending on condition and originality.
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!
Last edited by miketheslut at Jul 23, 2009,
Quote by IPlaySchecter

A hot pink 80's shredder...I woulda bought it in a heartbeat.
Quote by MetalHead916
A hot pink 80's shredder...I woulda bought it in a heartbeat.

I have a hard time driving past a pawn shop and not stopping. I am always looking for some great find. Right now is a great time to get a good deal at pawn shops, because they are hurting for money. One guy told me all he does is lend lately because no one is buying and he is hurting.
Quote by IPlaySchecter
I have a hard time driving past a pawn shop and not stopping. I am always looking for some great find. Right now is a great time to get a good deal at pawn shops, because they are hurting for money. One guy told me all he does is lend lately because no one is buying and he is hurting.

also, one more question, could you get the the number for the pawn shop even if it is not in my area, I want to see if they could possibly ship it to me.
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
If its pink and $125....its an import. Not a bad guitar if you change pickups. The necks are similar to the mia's just a bit chunkier but they are notorious for the truss rods running out of adjustment before the neck is where it needs to be. You will have that when you farm your stuff out to the lowest bidder.
Quote by IPlaySchecter
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!
id love to own a pink 80s shredder.
i love 80 bright colored guitars
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
Quote by IPlaySchecter

I'm the same way with most pawn shops, but the ones in my area charge usually $10 less than the item priced new. I think it's ridiculous.

And yeah, right now is a great time for a buyer on the used market. Everybody is getting rid of their stuff. I for one have been taking advantage of this a lot lately.
Get it. Now.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate