Page 1 of 2
I just got my hands on a mesa dual rectifier, got a sweet deal for it. I won't have a cab for a while so it's gonna stand there teasing me haha.

edit: I just got a cab for it, so here are the family pictures!

Now, I wanna get a 10 band eq, maybe a compressor, and a noise suppressor and I should pretty much have my dream rig.
Attachments:
small_IMG_3030.jpg
Last edited by intentionsthere at Aug 7, 2009,
Congrats! I used to dislike Recs, but have recently accepted them to be great amps. Enjoy the wait.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Congrats! I used to dislike Recs, but have recently accepted them to be great amps. Enjoy the wait.

They do have a very distinct sound, not for everyone, but for what I will be playing it's gonna sound so sick! Thanks btw
Go to a friends, and jam out on one of his cabs? It will make the wait less suckish.

HNAD!
Fender Mexi Strat
FuzzFace/Rangemaster
Boss RC-2
Line 6 Flextone III XL
Ibanez aw20ce

FS/FT
Boss TU-2
Marhsall BB-2
Digitech Digiverb
Digitech PDS1700
535q wah
Quote by Stud_Muffin
sweet amp man, congrats

what cab you getting with it?

I'll be scouting local ad sites for a sweet deal, just like I did for the head, but the ones I'll be on the lookout for are oversized mesa's, Marshall 1960A, Orange, and I might buy one from this local company ( http://www.saxon-cabs.ca/ ), they look like sweet cabs. If you have any suggestions I'd be glad to hear them though.
HNAD! Make sure you get pics of the cab when it comes!
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
Quote by WARNINGnimrod12
HNAD! Make sure you get pics of the cab when it comes!

I sure will! I'll be taking a family picture with my ec-1000.
Such a great amp. Make sure you download the manual, they eq differently from normal amps.
Quote by intentionsthere
I'll be scouting local ad sites for a sweet deal, just like I did for the head, but the ones I'll be on the lookout for are oversized mesa's, Marshall 1960A, Orange, and I might buy one from this local company ( http://www.saxon-cabs.ca/ ), they look like sweet cabs. If you have any suggestions I'd be glad to hear them though.

I've heard that the oversized Mesa cabs can make the Recto quite muddy and are best with other heads.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by tennisplayer
Such a great amp. Make sure you download the manual, they eq differently from normal amps.

The seller gave me his copy, I'll be reading all of it tonight!
Quote by Shinozoku
I've heard that the oversized Mesa cabs can make the Recto quite muddy and are best with other heads.

Ok, thanks for the info, any recommendations?
Quote by Shinozoku

This has some truth to it. The 4x12 recto cabs just sound flabby, which is why i went with a vader for my mark. but the 1x12 is not as flabby even for single rectos. Turn down is its 90 watts so no dual action.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD

I was the exact same way. Just a tip. In my experience with a Dual Rec (which is quite a bit) I'd try putting the bass on 0 and using the trble and presence as roll offs
Nice find. I love the look of the Mesa's, no body does it better on aesthitics.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
HNAD!
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by Luxifer
do mesas only do metal?

No, it really depends which Mesa you're talking about. They have some wonderful low-gain amps like the Lonestar.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by intentionsthere
Ok, thanks for the info, any recommendations?

vader cabs are very un flabby sounding
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Vaders are amazing all around cabs. Like I've told people a few times before, they aren't bassy oversized cabs, but their design allows them to hold up to as much bass as you want to put in to them (this is due in part to the 120 watt Eminence Legend 128's).

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

Quote by Jonny Ryan Mac
Nice find. I love the look of the Mesa's, no body does it better on aesthitics.

a vintage super lead looks sexier ... wait i mean sexiest. i also love the look of the bluesbreakers, 20w L&B, ermmmmm splaw quick rods, white oranges (LOL), yeah but the mesas ok...
^I love the look of an ENGL Savage or Invader, really. I wanna mod my Randall's grille to look like one, and replace the black metal corners with chrome ones....

Stupid name.

so like mesas soound bassy and stuff right? can they do jcm 800 heavy stuff? im thinking slash riffing. do they sound dark?
Quote by Luxifer
so like mesas soound bassy and stuff right? can they do jcm 800 heavy stuff? im thinking slash riffing. do they sound dark?

To sound like slash, I'd say stick with a marshall, I'm sure you'd be able to get a sound you'd like out of the mesa, but an old marshall's a sure shot.
Quote by Luxifer

Correction: Mesa Rectifier series amps (Single, Dual, Triple Rectifier, and Roadster) are bassy and have sensitive tone controls. Rectos can get the OMGBR00TULZ heavy bottom end, scoopy chug really well. With EL34 power tubes they get a bit more girth in the midrange and can do better crunch tones.

Stupid name.

awesome man! congrats
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
Quote by intentionsthere
If anyone is interested, the link below is of a modded dual rec with a green led, I think I'll read up on that and try to get a blue led for mine, kind of like the did with the 6505's a NAMM, and thanks everyone.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=435722380&albumID=1180854&imageID=13086128

I'd like to try blue on mine. Where do you get these?
Quote by tennisplayer
I'd like to try blue on mine. Where do you get these?

I'm still trying to figure that out, if I do I'll let you know.
Quote by MetalHead916
Nice amp

How much did you snag it for?

HNAD

1100 canadian dollars, which is really good considering new they retail for about 2400 with tax.
Page 1 of 2