Hi there everyone. I'm a long time user of the site and was thinking I should start contributing but I'm not sure of what people use to actually write the tabs they are submitting. What do you guys suggest? I don't need it to be all fancy and play my tabs back or anything, just basic txt so i can submit them to UG. Thanks!
Notepad or wordpad using the "Courier New" Font for basic text tabs. Word works too, with the same font. I usually use wordpad.
I play guitar.
I was hoping for something a bit better than notepad lol whenever you place notes, you get wrap around and stuff, plus im not sure exactly how wide to make each tab so they dont wrap when submitting to the site. Also, its kind of a pain to make the string lines and try to get each note to line up correctly. Is that what most people do? Just trail and error it out?
Or you can just make the tab in the form for submitting the tab and if u wanna come back later and work on it some more copy the work and the paste it in a word doc.
I play guitar.
cool thanks i'll check out guitar pro 5, does it export to txt files by any chance?
Quote by Punker_101
cool thanks i'll check out guitar pro 5, does it export to txt files by any chance?

Yes.
Quote by mcrocks
I mean, some people still think that Rap is music, although that's been scientifically discredited.
awesome, thanks guys. I will try Guitar Pro and see how that goes. I look forward to contributing to the community that has helped my playing over the years