All right first's first. Any of you who read my blog for Hellpriest, sorry I'm busy with work and writing for another project (with which this is contributing to).

Also, the lead guitar harmonies aren't arranged for for playability, which is why they are placed with weird fretboard choices. THey're only arranged for harmonies right now, but ah hell.

Inspired by some bands that are cool (i.e. The Plasmarifle and Gorguts). I was going through a writing rut, having only come up with enough riffss to fill up a mediocre song, I thought this was more worth UG's time. About 4 minutes worth of time that is.

Enjoy.

GOREDIT: Shortened the awful ending.
Attachments:
techy2 (2).zip
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Last edited by Slaytanic1993 at Jul 23, 2009,
Critting while I listen.
Good thing that there aren't massive sweeps and stupid quaver runs all over the place. Somewhat grindy, and dismal. Power chord rif***e after the 1st wave of tremoling everywhere is sweet. So is the 2nd "breakdown". Nicely done. Those slides are creepylike.
Like creepypasta. Riff after is so doomish and angsty. It makes me wanna punch a hole in the wall. Didn't last to long.
Back to power chord rif***e. I like said grindy, dismal part.
But that ending was atrocious. Never do that to me again. This song was pretty damn interesting and you kill it in an inappropiate manner?
That was fast! I say that it wasnt the best but it wasnt the worst. I didnt like the sweepings at all. They sound better in real life but not in guitar pro..

I give it: 7 / 10
Quote by huevos
Critting while I listen.
Good thing that there aren't massive sweeps and stupid quaver runs all over the place. Somewhat grindy, and dismal. Power chord rif***e after the 1st wave of tremoling everywhere is sweet. So is the 2nd "breakdown". Nicely done. Those slides are creepylike.
Like creepypasta. Riff after is so doomish and angsty. It makes me wanna punch a hole in the wall. Didn't last to long.
Back to power chord rif***e. I like said grindy, dismal part.
But that ending was atrocious. Never do that to me again. This song was pretty damn interesting and you kill it in an inappropiate manner?

I know the end was atrocius

I need to work on that part more, heh.

And sweepings, Gessu? There isn't a sweep in the song.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
hey man, thanks for the crit

i found this song a bit repetitive for my taste, but you had some pretty cool riffs in there. i liked the harmonies, especially the one at 35, and i liked those little bits of slap and pop bass that you threw in there, they kept the bass interesting.

i have to say that the riff at 79 is not quite my favorite thing in the world and the transition from that to your cool 6/4 riff seems a little lazy to me. the ending seems pretty lazy too, i think you could come up with something better than that, it just doesn't feel complete

the drums work throughout the song, but i got bored with them

overall it was a cool song, but could use some improvement. i'd say about 6.5 or 7/10
a bit repetive but good its probably better with vocals but its good.
the intro is decent but doesnt really feel like it links the the next riff which is very good imo.
the power chord riff is good. the riff at 29 is good i like it alot.i especially like the leads the second guitar was doing sounded good and made it so repetive. the slidey riffs creepy sounding imo very nice. i liked the use of muted strings at 63 and the sustained chord. 79 wasnt that great and it lasted too long. the ending was awful you should really change it.

overall:8/10
C4C? Unnamed death metal in my sig thanks
Rattle Your Goddamn Head!
I've listened to your past works and I must say I'm slightly disappointed. Be that as it may...

The intro is very boring and quite generic for my tastes. The second section, I suppose taking its role as a "verse," spices the whole piece up a bit, though. The guitars are well written and the drums are very appropriate. Bar 29 and forward is a sweet line, the discordance off of the second guitar is very nice and well utilized. Same goes for the 5/4 riff directly after. I had my suspicions about the part starting at bar 63. I was reading the notes and hearing something that was not at all like my usually reliable mind related to. So, I picked up my guitar. It is a much more amazing riff than GP lets on.

Those things said, it loses its flair when the stock transitions, progressions, formation of patterns, and endings grabs hold of it. I simply think this piece needs more thought is all. I should very much like to hear a re-worked version in say, two-weeks (as busy as you are) and hear how it sounds.

I'm sorry if I have come of as assuming or pretentious, your previous works have merely set the bar high, is all.

6/10.

Crit?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1169110