Hey Pit, quick question.

Where could I perhaps buy clothing seen worn by members of most black metal bands? The spikes, the skin tight pants, all that stuff. I've found a few online places, but the prices are rediculous! Anybody know somewhere cheap with this kind of stuff, online or off?

Thanks for the help
Hold the Heathen hammer high!
hrm. Hot topic maybe? The only metal in me is my flesh tunnels. Couldn't really tell ya, sorry.
Ink does the body good

amidoinitrite?
Free at last! Free at last! God Almighty FREE AT LAST!
I Pan-Tallica
Last edited by Astorga at Jul 22, 2009,
They usually make it themselves.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Quote by insideac
Hot Topic, wtf? Sure if you wear tight girl pants and have a gay emo flip. Try searching online for "BANDNAME merch" or "BANDNAME shirt"

You know kids nowadays
Ink does the body good
You don't want to. Trust me.

I'm a huge black metal fan, don't get me wrong... but the spikes and stuff are ridiculous. Unless you're Gaahl, you probably shouldn't wear spiked armbands. And bulletbelts are like 55 bucks everywhere (bulletbelts are OK in my opinion).
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
Are you sure that would be a good idea? I would think it would be a bit heavy. I prefer colored fabric clothing, myself.
kill all humans
TS, you can't buy that stuff anywhere. It's all forged from hot coals and natural materials found in nature. What I mean is, black metal bands don't buy it, or have a designer make it for them. They traverse the coldest parts of Norway in search of the precious metals to make their extremely prized accessories.

But as far as their pants go, I'm pretty sure they go to the most brutal tailor in all of Norway. Good luck finding him, many have died in search of him.
Quote by ePOWsa
you can definately find tight pants and spiky stuff at hot topic

Yeah and gayness and ghetto kids and soccer moms who want their kids to be cool
Quote by insideac
Yeah and gayness and ghetto kids and soccer moms who want their kids to be cool

lol
i've got a boner for murder
Quote by bendystraw
Go 2 hot topic, thats wher all the hardcore d00dz get there clothes.

omg hot topic is so kult
Quote by kayaress one

Sir, I love you.

tbh, the though of buying black metal clothes from hot topic just screams poser to me for some reason.

Just doesn't seem black metal to me.
Yeah. The stuff is so expensive cuz the spikes, etc. are all hand-made. Like look at the price of a Hot Topic studded belt, as opposed to a belt in an underground punk shops. These people save up and buy these things.

EDIT: You won't find true black metal stuff in Hot Topic.
Quote by musicianamedave
I tell them that I'm happy with my current church, the church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Then I ask them if they would like to be touched by his noodly appendage.

Quote by filthandfury

YES.
Like a russian doll, with balls.

I love The Pit.
Last edited by Mr. Thingy at Jul 22, 2009,
where do you live? i know several stores that sell that sort of clothing in my city, but that's useless to you if you live in botswana...
from daylight...
...into darkness
...honestly... I'd really respect a black metal band more if they didn't wear the stupid spikes and stuff. I don't even like metal, but I respect most of the bands... but I just can't respect black metal bands because they just look ****ing retarded.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
...honestly... I'd really respect a black metal band more if they didn't wear the stupid spikes and stuff. I don't even like metal, but I respect most of the bands... but I just can't respect black metal bands because they just look ****ing retarded.

I like the corpsepaint, but the spikes look stupid on pretty much everyone but Gaahl.

This picture is pretty badass. I like Dead's corpsepaint, but alot of people are doinitrong, for example...

(Invalid img)

Corpsepaint is supposed to make you look like... well, a corpse. I don't see corpses with huge retared triangles on their face.
Quote by Mudmen190

Quote by musiclover2399

Quote by Oroborous

My Last.FM
Quote by divid3d
where do you live? i know several stores that sell that sort of clothing in my city, but that's useless to you if you live in botswana...

I'm in Oregon..we've got no real places to shop for anything actually useful.

Also, to MyNameIsLame, I like only certain types of corpsepaint, like the kind of things I've seen Behemoth use (like in the "Conquer All" video.)
Last edited by black amendment at Jul 22, 2009,
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER

Black Metal bands don't wear certain things just for the sake of wearing them. It is more of a statement more than fashion. It is because you don't understand the message behind black metal. Black Metal was more than music, it was a movement. tbh, I don't think that they will lose sleep because you don't respect them.

If your respect is based on peoples clothing and looks then your "respect" is meaningless and holds no value.
Last edited by herman ri2 at Jul 22, 2009,
go to any hardcore gay shop and i bet you'll find it.
I smoke like Rasta, got hair like pasta
I be sippin' on them shots then bustin' rhymes like Busta

Load up the bong, crank up the song, let the informa call 911
Quote by MyNameIsLame
bulletbelts are like 55 bucks everywhere (bulletbelts are OK in my opinion).
I got a bullet belt at Hot Topic for like $25.

And they do have a small selection of spiky things, but it all looks pretty silly. However, they do sell just metal spikes that you can put on whatever, so you could buy a ton of those and go crazy.

Do adult stores have a section for bondage gear? You could try there.
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
Last edited by Pretty. Odd. at Jul 22, 2009,
I'm a huge black metal fan, don't get me wrong... but the spikes and stuff are ridiculous. Unless you're Gaahl, you probably shouldn't wear spiked armbands. And bulletbelts are like 55 bucks everywhere (bulletbelts are OK in my opinion).

You're right. Gaahl is perhaps one of the most badass looking black metal creatures.

That dude from Immortal also just makes me laugh regarding his corpse paint (and style in general). But, its all right because he's a funny guy.

To answer the question. Try ebay and googling. And remember, spiked stuff and the black metal "uniform" is just an excuse for grown people to try and look like some sort of medieval being or something. Its pretty goofy, but I can't deny that it wouldn't at least feel awsome to wear that kind of **** and play some music.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
Quote by Ulalume
You're right. Gaahl is perhaps one of the most badass looking black metal creatures.

That dude from Immortal also just makes me laugh regarding his corpse paint (and style in general). But, its all right because he's a funny guy.

To answer the question. Try ebay and googling. And remember, spiked stuff and the black metal "uniform" is just an excuse for grown people to try and look like some sort of medieval being or something. Its pretty goofy, but I can't deny that it wouldn't at least feel awsome to wear that kind of **** and play some music.

You mean Abbath? I have him pictured above. His pube chin hair coupled with his retarded corpsepaint makes me laugh all the time.

And anyway TS, if you are going to buy the spiked stuff (which I suggest you don't), don't go overboard or you'll look like Rob Darken.

Nobody likes Rob Darken.
Quote by Mudmen190

Quote by musiclover2399

Quote by Oroborous

My Last.FM
Quote by MyNameIsLame

Corpsepaint is supposed to make you look like... well, a corpse. I don't see corpses with huge retared triangles on their face.

But uh... About how many corpses have you seen just out pallin' around?
Quote by brandonian
you nose started bleeding, so the first thing you do is post it on UG? i don't understand the reasoning behind that one my friend

Quote by unplugtheradio
screw grammar i practice economic typing.
Quote by MyNameIsLame
You mean Abbath? I have him pictured above. His pube chin hair coupled with his retarded corpsepaint makes me laugh all the time.

And anyway TS, if you are going to buy the spiked stuff (which I suggest you don't), don't go overboard or you'll look like Rob Darken.

Nobody likes Rob Darken.

Oh hell That is not what I am picturing at all I really only wanted the spikes for my legs, nothing more. If anything, I just want the stuff so I can feel awesome when playing music (like Ulalume said).
Quote by ifeastonbums
But uh... About how many corpses have you seen just out pallin' around?

Alot. Mostly in my basement.

Oh shi-
Quote by Mudmen190

Quote by musiclover2399

Quote by Oroborous

My Last.FM
Quote by herman ri2
Black Metal bands don't wear certain things just for the sake of wearing them. It is more of a statement more than fashion. It is because you don't understand the message behind black metal. Black Metal was more than music, it was a movement. tbh, I don't think that they will lose sleep because you don't respect them.

If your respect is based on peoples clothing and looks then your "respect" is meaningless and holds no value.

Well, I guess that's just too bad.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by herman ri2

*sigh*

I honestly think it is more vain of the people wearing these clothes to go to the trouble and discomfort of dressing that way than it is for some one not to respect them for it.
I lose respect for them over it. It's a waste of money and inconvient and a lot of the time just a scream for attention.
Quote by brandonian
you nose started bleeding, so the first thing you do is post it on UG? i don't understand the reasoning behind that one my friend

Quote by unplugtheradio
screw grammar i practice economic typing.
As far as I understand it - they make it themselves.

Get a plain leather arm band, for instance and hammer some nails through it.
Quote by ifeastonbums
*sigh*

I honestly think it is more vain of the people wearing these clothes to go to the trouble and discomfort of dressing that way than it is for some one not to respect them for it.
I lose respect for them over it. It's a waste of money and inconvient and a lot of the time just a scream for attention.

This. If you think you have to dress a certain way to play a certain genre then that's not really playing for the sake of music in my own honest opinion.

Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
This. If you think you have to dress a certain way to play a certain genre then that's not really playing for the sake of music in my own honest opinion.

I don't think this should apply to early black metal bands. Mainly because the earlier Norwegian bands wanted to create an atmosphere of darkness, decay, ruin, etc.. you can't really create that kind of atmosphere when you're wearing basketball shorts and a beater.
Quote by Mudmen190

Quote by musiclover2399

Quote by Oroborous

My Last.FM