I need a new bass. I have a short scale one (although not that great) and I'm thinking of getting another. Good idea or no?
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115
Quote by freedomdeceptiv
nope, not unless you yourself are too small to play a full scale

My armspan is long enough.. It's not a problem of size, I just find a short-scale a little more comfortable.
Quote by RPGoof
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

If you prefer the sound and feel of a short scale bass to that of a long scale, by all means go for it. Most people prefer 34" scale length, but it's all up to your preference.

EDIT: And being to small to play a standard scale length bass is bull****. Anyone can play one, regardless of hand size, with the right posture, technique, and bass height relative to the body. Ask anarkee, she'll tell you all about it.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Last edited by P-Bass Pirate at Jul 22, 2009,
Quote by P-Bass Pirate
If you prefer the sound and feel of a short scale bass to that of a long scale, by all means go for it. Most people prefer 34" scale length, but it's all up to your preference.

I've only played a (decent) full-scale bass at music stores, so I don't know how it feels to play one a lot. I'm most likely going to get a full-scale bass anyway.
Quote by RPGoof
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

Buy a short scale for tonal reasons. With a little effort any one can play a long scale.

I'd buy a long scale mainly because it gives you a different option. You may find its a bit different on the fretting at first but with proper technique its a easy transition.