Alright, I recently got a Schecter C-7 guitar (love it) and noticed that guitar center put the damn action too low, and I had a ton of fret buzz on all but the low E and B strings. well, I adjusted my truss rod until any trace of the buzzing was gone from the high 5 strings, and thought my battle was over. I was wrong. Now there is a slight buzz on the low B string whenever i pick it (plucking it with my finger is fine), and whenever I pick the low E string, there is a weird, high-pitched buzz. can any of you tell me how to fix this?

tl;dr: high pitched fret buzz on my low E string, how can i fix this when i've already messed with the truss rod?
so you adjusted your trust rod before adjusting the action?

edit: they didn't set it up for you when you bought it?
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Last edited by Koshman32 at Jul 22, 2009,
Does your guitar have a trem? Did you adjust your truss rod correctly or...?

Don't file the frets, unless you know what you're doing.
Quote by Zamorak
Does your guitar have a trem? Did you adjust your truss rod correctly or...?

Don't file the frets, unless you know what you're doing.

don't adjust the truss rod unless you know what you're doing either
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
I would never recommend adjusting the truss rod to fix buzz unless it is really slight. I know it doesn't sound easy to break a metal rod by simply turning it, but it does happen.
If GC set it up badly for you the first time, they shouldn't charge you to fix what they screwed up. I would have gone back and gotten them to fix it.
And if you noticed the action was to low, why didn't you just raise it a bit?
Cookie for me?
No no no, I didn't try to lower the action by turning the truss rod

I raised the bridge to a sensible level, but there was still buzz, so I checked the neck relief and saw that there was basically none of it, so I loosened the truss rod, eliminating the high string buzz, but creating a low string buzz.
Quote by Beebaboo
No no no, I didn't try to lower the action by turning the truss rod

I raised the bridge to a sensible level, but there was still buzz, so I checked the neck relief and saw that there was basically none of it, so I loosened the truss rod, eliminating the high string buzz, but creating a low string buzz.

Now raide the low side of the bridge
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Beebaboo
well, I adjusted my truss rod until any trace of the buzzing was gone from the high 5 strings, and thought my battle was over.?

Haha, that's what led me to make that assumption. But yeah, if you can adjust individual saddles try what that guy above me said. Raise that saddle or side.
Cookie for me?
Quote by ihaveatail
Haha, that's what led me to make that assumption. But yeah, if you can adjust individual saddles try what that guy above me said. Raise that saddle or side.

I raised the side with the two low strings (tune-o-matic bridge), and the buzz on the B and E got worse. WTF????
Quote by Beebaboo
I raised the side with the two low strings (tune-o-matic bridge), and the buzz on the B and E got worse. WTF????

My guess is that it must be something to do with you adjusting the truss rod. You might've adjusted it too much or something. Find a friend or take it in to a shop to get it set up properly is the only thing i can suggest right now
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
Ernie Ball Strings