So I have a Epi LP Std , I'm gonna change out the pickups and might get new tone/volume pots. Are there any other mods to make it sound a bit better? I'm going after a pretty standard "rock" sound. Think Slash-style, or Joe Perry but a bit heavier. I still want to be able to do some pretty nice melodic shredding stuff though.
You could... Uh... Change pot values to 1Meg Ohm for a bit of a brighter tone and slightly more perceived gain.

What pickups?
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
I got a Seymour Duncan JB and a Duncan Distortion , I don't know if I should just save up and get a Gibson instead and then mod that one slowly.
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
I got a Seymour Duncan JB and a Duncan Distortion , I don't know if I should just save up and get a Gibson instead and then mod that one slowly.

Honestly that's what I would do. The epiphones are fine enough stock and it's not really worth your money to upgrade it, it's not going to last forever anyway.
I have had several Epiphones and Gibsons and even upgraded epiphones don't stand up to a stock gibson, especially in terms of toughness
^Hey, there's nothing wrong with the epiphones. I fact, I'd quite like one myself. Some of the epis I've played were nicer than my old gibson.

TS, do you have those pickups? Or do you want to get them?
Go ahead and mod your epi, if you get a gibson in the future you can always swap the pickups and most other mods aren't that expensive that you couldn't afford to do them twice
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.