She acts like if she is the band leader (me), but she sings great... I don't know what to do: kick her out, or what?
I don't want troubles hith her, and in my city it's not easy to find a good singer like that...

sorry if my english it's not perfect (I'm venezuelan)
What are you? Most of the time the singers are the leaders regardless.

Edit: What do yuo mean "bandleader"
Last edited by PapaKooLay at Jul 23, 2009,
Just confront her about it, tell her that the band is a democracy, and that she doesn't run everything. Just because she is the frontwoman doesn't mean she controls everything.
yeah man you should stop that kinda behavior before it becomes a problem

as we say in the states "nip it in the bud"
Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST...-Zappa
Quote by ESPeciallyfx
yeah man you should stop that kinda behavior before it becomes a problem

as we say in the states "nip it in the bud"

or smoke some bud and lick her nipples
Quote by Le_Bunny
LE shoop? It must be rad. And yes, I see potential.

P.S. nobody google 'man train'.

How is she acting like the bandleader? And if you are the "bandleader", why aren't you working with her to factor in her opinion, negotiate and mediate for band problems?

May I put to you that if she is making the decisions, and you are not, she may be the bandleader?
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Well, she tries to make all the decisions. And you can't negotiate with her...
I think she is jealous of that, I don't know why? Nobody in the band wants problems but here is hard to find a good singer...
Quote by ger_rock
Well, she tries to make all the decisions. And you can't negotiate with her...
I think she is jealous of that, I don't know why? Nobody in the band wants problems but here is hard to find a good singer...

Stop whinging. What is she doing? Anything at all?
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Right now you're comming across as a douche thats afraid he's losing power, rather then someone with a problem.

Please elaborate on the situation so we can give you the right advice.
Honestly, every time someone posts a thread like this, everyone always seems fire-happy. But now it seems like everyone is turning on the poster because we're dealing with a female. I'm seriously feeling a double standard. He's not coming off as a douche and he has already gave some vague examples of his problems with her. It doesn't matter who the frontman/woman is, the band leader is the bandleader. If you're the bandleader and you have a problem with someone you need to figure it out. Talk to the rest of your band and get their opinions on the issue then talk to her and explain the situation. If she doesn't like, boot her (assuming the rest of the band is cool with it). If however your band mates aren't too happy with a decision like that, you may have been de-throwned as leader and either have to shut up and deal with it or quit. A new singer will come and go. If she is hard headed, doesn't take advice, can't take constructive criticism, etc then she is really detrimental to the future of your band. This goes for male, female, singer, guitarist, drummer, oboist, etc, etc.
TS

If you started the band, that gives you a big advantage in asserting yourself 'band leader', but you can't just expect to be given that status if you don't use it!

You're not band leader unless the rest of the band sees you as such, and if this girl is barking out orders to people, they'll see her as the leader, so she will become the band leader. Show your authority and put her in her place, don't need to be mean about it just...let her know who is in charge!
Gear
ESP LTD Truckster James Hetfield Sig
120W Bugera 333 Amp
Harley Benton G212 Vintage Cab

Desired Gear
ESP EX Diamond
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
MXR 10-Band EQ

C4C
Illusory Master
It still hasn't been determined:

What is TS doing to justify being the 'band leader?'

What is SHE doing that is so wrong? What is she stubborn about, and why is she being so stubborn about these things?

Otherwise, at the moment, this sounds like"

"Help!! I'm the band leader, and I'm having my position threatened by someone else!"

Is this about being the leader, or is this about working out a problem? Or is the problem that she might, in fact, be the leader?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
maybe the problem is that it sounds like you take a little too much pride in this word bandleader. why can't everyone say what they feel? sounds to me like you value what she does for the band. so value what she has to say regarding it--within reason, of course.
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.