I just found out Joe Stump is giving Lessons at my local guitar shop for $60 an hour. I guess he was Director of Shredology or something at Berkelee College of music and was voted the 7th fastest shredder in history by GuitarOne. What would you guys do, 60 bucks a week is kinda a lot of money for me, is it worth it?
Quote by BrianKL
I just found out Joe Stump is giving Lessons at my local guitar shop for $60 an hour. I guess he was Director of Shredology or something at Berkelee College of music and was voted the 7th fastest shredder in history by GuitarOne. What would you guys do, 60 bucks a week is kinda a lot of money for me, is it worth it?
Yeah, he'll make you a lot better if you do what he says to do.
he can shred but can he teach??
Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST...-Zappa
I did a program at Berklee last summer and knew a few people who studied with joe stump. they said he was a great player but extremely conceited and kind of a tool. He seemed to be a decent teacher, but he also seemed to assign them a lot of technical exercises (in tab with a staff above it) instead of a proportionate amount of technique study and repertoire to develop musicality. I would not have studied with him because he does not play my style and I think focuses too much on technique, but if you want shred, shred and more shred and can afford the hourly rate, Id imagine if you took lessons with him and shedded the way he told you to your technique would grow alot.