I noticed a black cable that goes through the lower part of the body.
I want to paint my guitar, but I don't wanna remove it now.
The question is if I should pull out this cable, or what?
pics, or more info?

I don't know what you mean by 'lower part of the body', but could it be the wire to the selector switch? (if you've got the switch on the upper horn area), or the ground wire to the bridge?

pulling things out without knowing what they're for is pretty much a big no-no, in general..

edit: noticed this isnt your first thread asking for help while you get ready to repaint...

in the future, try to just make one thread, and ask all your questions in there
Last edited by james4 at Jul 23, 2009,
im 90% sure that thats the ground wire.

its going to have to come out, since you take all the hardware off to refinish
The pickups?

Maybe your LP has the swithces wire going in between bridge, and the 2 pups?
..I was watching my death.
prob just a bridge ground...
Quote by AmericanParadox
cuztomizing guitars = best thing in the world. Better than sex.


Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Fr
Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Boss Ds-1
Digitech RP55
Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon
Ibanez Fz7 Fuzz
Marshall MG10CD 40W
Modded POS Strat
Looks like the ground to me.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

Quote by guitarcam123
is it soldered to the bridge?

I think he's asking cause he doesn't know where the other end of it is.
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
i think he should stop being a guido, that would increase his IQ by 1000x.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.