This has always been one of my favorite horror series. Anyone else see the new poster? Well here it is if you havent...

Personally, I think that Jackie Earle Haley will play a good Freddy.
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
Last edited by kxy1992 at Jul 23, 2009,
Quote by kxy1992
This has always been one of my favorite horror series. Anyone else see the new poster?

That's so strange, at first I was going to answer "no" but then BAM, there it was!
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Not until 2.53 seconds ago.....

But I'm excited to see it!

Sadly I hear he's going to be a lot less funny, and do a lot less talking.
Oh no, another remake?

HOW MANY PERFECTLY FINE SERIES CAN YOU PEOPLE RUIN!

DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Quote by Mudmen190
Personally, I think new ideas should be made into movies. Seriously, wtf?

Nightmare on Oak Street?
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Quote by tremeloud
That's so strange, at first I was going to answer "no" but then BAM, there it was!

alright alright i editted it
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

8/7/09

^ I was there
Quote by tremeloud
Nightmare on Oak Street?

With Villain Freddy Krieger
Quote by sneyob
Saw extended blue dick,
clicked X.

Sorry,
force of habit

Quote by Bmm386

There is only one solution. We need to bomb outer space. That should show those terrorist bastards who's who
Well the series did dig itself into a hole of bad sequels.

Would be nice to see it revitalized, but it won't happen. It will get raped.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Quote by monkeysintheday
Glad I live on Maple.

In a house boat? Cuz then it would be maple river!!! YUM!!!!
Quote by tremeloud
In a house boat? Cuz then it would be maple river!!! YUM!!!!

Idk, doesn't look that appealing.

BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Quote by monkeysintheday
Idk, doesn't look that appealing.

Looks can be deceiving, son. Now drink deep, while I make the pancakes.
Quote by tremeloud
Looks can be deceiving, son. Now drink deep, while I make the pancakes.

This syrup tastes like dirty river water.
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Quote by monkeysintheday
This syrup tastes like dirty river water.

You're right....and these pancakes taste like mud. Let's just go to IHOP.
I dont get why they didn't get Robert Englund to play him...He is like the only real Freddy to me, and he just did Freddy vs. Jason
Did this thread just get passively-jacked?
By reading this magnificently and wonderful, adjective-filled signature, you have just wasted approximately 7 seconds of your life.
Quote by tremeloud
You're right....and these pancakes taste like mud. Let's just go to IHOP.

BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Quote by adamungar1
Did this thread just get passively-jacked?

Not sure what you mean, wanna drink from this river??
Quote by tremeloud
Not sure what you mean, wanna drink from this river??

Mug or crazy straw?
By reading this magnificently and wonderful, adjective-filled signature, you have just wasted approximately 7 seconds of your life.
Quote by adamungar1
Mug or crazy straw?

Read my lips..
Goddammit, I hate Michael Bay so, so much.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
Quote by Mean Mr Mustard
I dont get why they didn't get Robert Englund to play him...He is like the only real Freddy to me, and he just did Freddy vs. Jason

Well he IS getting old... but I dont know. I think Jackie Earle Harley did an amazing job as Rorschach in "Watchmen", so I'm confident he'll do a great job as Freddy
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

8/7/09

^ I was there
I miss the good old days of hair metal and the music they made for The Nightmare on Elm Street. Takes me back to before I was born... lol
Quote by lceman13
The amount of ignorance in this thread is amazing.
If consequences dictate, it's only wrong when we get caught - Tool
Quote by tremeloud
Nightmare on Oak Street?

Nightmare on Ash Street?
Attachments:
Untitled.jpg
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
Rorschach is playing Freddy? Awesome.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
I like the way they keep the budget down for these films- They only shot the first movie, and then all the sequels are just the scenes from the first, shuffled about a bit.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by dizzle!
I miss the good old days of hair metal and the music they made for The Nightmare on Elm Street. Takes me back to before I was born... lol

didnt vinnie vincents band do the theme to one of the movies?
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
I honestly don't have much hope for this movie after reading about the actors, producers, etc. I'll make my final judgement after watching the trailer though.
Quote by Spartan101400
Just more proof that Hollywood is becoming more unoriginal with every franchise they screw up.

This....are there not any orignal scripts they can screw up by making it PG13, and cutting out the good ****. So far they have redone or are redoing: Hellraiser, Friday the 13th, Halloween, My Bloody Valantine, Prom Night, House on Haunted Hill, I could go on.

To Hollywood,

Get an orignal Idea!!

Geeve
Quote by dubstar92
A few years a ago, I played with it alot and got my time down to 42 secs. Right now, I'm probably around a 55 sec average.
I've been pumped up for this movie since I heard about it early this year.

The girl who played the bride-to-be in Harper's Island is also supposed to be in it as well. Plus getting the guy who played Rorshach to play Freddy I think is awesome lol

Altho, I do think they should give Robert Englund a cameo atleast

EDIT: I for one actually like the re-boots for these series. I think its nice to see some horror icons get a fresh start. Plus, if you a fan of the original series, you'll know that most of these "re-makes" have very little to do with the original. Friday the 13th, My Bloody Valentine, Halloween, etc. have either very little or no connection to the original movies other than their respective characters. Judging by how bad the sequels to Friday the 13th, Halloween, and Nightmare On Elm Street were going, there really wasn't much choice, other than letting the franchise die a very painful and humiliating death. I support these remakes as long as we never get another The Hills Have Eyes. That movie was just god-aweful.

However, there are a few movies I do not want to see re-done, just because the originals were dumb:

Child's Play
Silent Night, Deadly Night
Pumpkin Head (I've only heard rumors about this one)
Hellraiser (not because it was dumb, but because, unless they get Clive Barker to do it, there is no way it will be as awesome as the original)
Last edited by 3rdActguitarist at Jul 23, 2009,
i think its sad that there arent any original ideas out there anymore. id still watch it..bootleg ofcourse..but i do hope robert englund has some sort of role in it..
Quote by 3rdActguitarist
I've been pumped up for this movie since I heard about it early this year.

The girl who played the bride-to-be in Harper's Island is also supposed to be in it as well. Plus getting the guy who played Rorshach to play Freddy I think is awesome lol

Altho, I do think they should give Robert Englund a cameo atleast

EDIT: I for one actually like the re-boots for these series. I think its nice to see some horror icons get a fresh start. Plus, if you a fan of the original series, you'll know that most of these "re-makes" have very little to do with the original. Friday the 13th, My Bloody Valentine, Halloween, etc. have either very little or no connection to the original movies other than their respective characters. Judging by how bad the sequels to Friday the 13th, Halloween, and Nightmare On Elm Street were going, there really wasn't much choice, other than letting the franchise die a very painful and humiliating death. I support these remakes as long as we never get another The Hills Have Eyes. That movie was just god-aweful.

However, there are a few movies I do not want to see re-done, just because the originals were dumb:

Child's Play
Silent Night, Deadly Night
Pumpkin Head (I've only heard rumors about this one)
Hellraiser (not because it was dumb, but because, unless they get Clive Barker to do it, there is no way it will be as awesome as the original)

childs play was kick ass
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.