Page 1 of 5
what are the some of the worst stage names of great guitarist

i think the edge. its so freakin stupid. so is somethin like synyster gates, or slash
The Edge. And slash isn't his stage name. His real name is Saul, and his father's friend nicknamed him Slash when he was very young.
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
If Dimebag can't take a few bullets to the head how's he gonna be able to take a full on Kamehameha?
I was going to say Synyster Gates......lol also Zacky Vengeance I suppose

EDIT: AND M. Shadows!!! Jeez.....Avenged Sevenfold
E-Married to Eddie4President

ARMENIAN

Quote by VANGELIS!
Ya, my mom walked in on me taking a **** into my coffee mug when I was 23. There was a spider in the bathroom and I was too scared to go in

Quote by angusfan16
I'll join. I have a vagina.
Last edited by ironmaidengirl3 at Jul 23, 2009,
Syn gates isn't great. I think The Edge is fantastic.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Quote by skaterkevin87
The Edge. And slash isn't his stage name. His real name is Saul, and his father's friend nicknamed him Slash when he was very young.

same with The Edge. that was a nickname given to him by his friends when he was young. he has very angular facial features, so they called him The Edge in school.

exact same way of obtaining stage name as slash = not so gay anymore is it?

and even if he had just made it up or something, it would still be an awesome stage name.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Jul 23, 2009,
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
so is The Edge. that was a nickname given to him by his friends when he was young. he has very angular facial features, so they called him The Edge in school.

not so gay anymore is it.

Still kinda gay. And the fact that he shares the stage with the music industry's biggest tool doesn't help. He does sound pretty good though.
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
If Dimebag can't take a few bullets to the head how's he gonna be able to take a full on Kamehameha?
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
so is The Edge. that was a nickname given to him by his friends when he was young. he has very angular facial features, so they called him The Edge in school.

Weren't all of his friends in school gay, though?
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

How about Bono then?

Also, Alice Cooper. And I refuse to take that back.
Quote by tremeloud
Syn gates isn't great. I think The Edge is fantastic.

I was gonna say the Edge.

The I read "Bad stage names" and I was like "Pfft, yeah right"

/U2 fanboy
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Jul 23, 2009,
Quote by ColdNovembeRain
How about Bono then?

Also, Alice Cooper. And I refuse to take that back.

Bono got his name from the name of a hearing aid store called Bono Vox.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
same with The Edge. that was a nickname given to him by his friends when he was young. he has very angular facial features, so they called him The Edge in school.

and even if he had just made it up or something, it would still be an awesome stage name.

Well i did not know this stuff bout Edge and Slash

Thanks for info guys

Quote by ironmaidengirl3

haha avenged sevenfold do all have gay names, but i still love them (their music i mean, not them)
Quote by ironmaidengirl3

You forgot Johnny Christ and the Rev...
i dont about the worst but the best would have to be Murderface Murderface Muderface or Sgwisgaar, taller than a tree
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Quote by skaterkevin87
Still kinda gay. And the fact that he shares the stage with the music industry's biggest tool doesn't help. He does sound pretty good though.

do you honestly believe bono is the biggest tool with people like Soulja Boy, Kanye West, and Kevin Federline in the music industry? hop off that band wagon for a second and take a good look at what you're actually saying. yes he is arrogant ( i think he has somewhat of an excuse to be) but he is nowhere NEAR the most arrogant.

yes i am a U2 fan... sue me
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Jul 23, 2009,
Quote by ColdNovembeRain
That's pretty damned terrible, in my opinion.

In all fairness he suggested it to some friends, and he started to not like it after thinking about it, but they all started calling him Bono and it just stuck.
Bumblefoot
Quote by xMetalGodx
I'm not quite sure if you were trying to be funny or if you have a learning disability, either way, I was not amused.

He is not amused.
Quote by abdulalhazred
you are the best 09er EVER! i am sending you a friend request as soon as i send this

Quote by MercyfulFate505
Even though I like Cannibal Corpse

Corpsegrinder

Or at least I think that's CC

Corpsegrinder is a great name; care to explain what you dislike about it?
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
the members of brokencyde.

se7en
mikl
phat j
antz

that is all.
Go Veg.
Last edited by im not mental at Jul 23, 2009,
i was thinking about saying Buckethead but it really fits his image so perfectly that i'll let it slide lol.

the award goes to ALL of A7X. its not like they were nicknames or anything, they sat down, discussed what they should call themselves, and made up their OWN nicknames.
Meatloaf.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
meatloaf.

or greatest. i dano

edit: FUCK!!! ^^^^^
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Last edited by lateraluspiral at Jul 23, 2009,
All of Avenged Sevenfold, obviously. They sound like (and probably are) total douches.

Also, Sting.
kill all humans
Quote by cukd7x-a2-
i dont about the worst but the best would have to be Murderface Murderface Muderface or Sgwisgaar, taller than a tree

What about "Pickes the drummer doodly do ding dong doodly do"?
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by Guitar_Kingdom
Corpsegrinder is a great name; care to explain what you dislike about it?

...care to explain what about grinding corpses appeals so well to you?? Maybe you should quit the grave digging, Spiff.
Quote by genghisgandhi
tre cool. yeah, really punk

he had that nickname since he was a kid, and its better than Frank Edwin Wright III

also, The Reverend...wait...
Quote by sporkman7

also,

that may actually be the GREATEST ever. Prince basically trolled the whole music industry by changing his name to that symbol.
Quote by tremeloud
...care to explain what about grinding corpses appeals so well to you?? Maybe you should quit the grave digging, Spiff.

The band is called CANNIBAL CORPSE, therefore Corpsegrinder is a fitting name
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
Quote by Guitar_Kingdom
The band is called CANNIBAL CORPSE, therefore Corpsegrinder is a fitting name

that was his nickname before he was in CC im pretty sure.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
that was his nickname before he was in CC im pretty sure.

Incorrect, he was simply called George Fischer untill he joined CC
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
Page 1 of 5