hey guys
i want a more unique tone that i can set myself, that will be more powerful and precise than a that i can get off of a regular amp. what all do i need to do that. right now ive been looking at pre amps and power amps...and ive decided that a rocktron prophesy looks like a pretty versatile and quality product...dave mustaine and herman li use it (please no comments about how metallica is better, or dragonforce sound like a ninetendo, thats not what this thread is about) and a mesa boogie stereo power amp. they look like quality products, ive been doing my research and i think that would give me a pretty decent sound. but what all do i need in order to make this work. to play live, would i hook the pre amp and power amp together, then put that in a speaker, or what would i do? i would appreciate people who own these type of products or work with them or around them to help me out. i need some genuine information. thanks guys
bi-ah!
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
just think of it like buying a combo amp in three parts. combo amps have: preamps, power amps, and a speakers that can handle the power rating and ohmage of the head. so yeah you would put the preamp through the power amp into the speakers. i'm by no means an expert though, i'm just trying to attract attention to this thread so you can get some legit help
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
thank you good sir
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
How are you 100% positive that the Prophesy holds all the tones in your head?

Trust me, once you figure out that there is no holy grail of amps...you will calm down....
haha, no, but it will get me a more specific sound that im looking for...im a tone freak...
but thats not at all what this tread is about
the thread is about what all do i need to make it work. just a pre amp, a power amp and a cabinet? and someone answered that. and im good now
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by *sigh*
Quote by Silenced7
Trust me, once you figure out that there is no holy grail of amps...you will calm down....

How true!

TS, that's the beauty of having a set-up like you are describing. Find a nice tube power amp you like. And have fun trying out different preamps! My personal favorite is a ADA MP-1 or a Marshal JMP-1.