Yep my cable came in a package with my guitar and is a piece of crap.

guitar worked fine for first 3 months then started goin in and out a little bit and 3 months later no sound at all except when i hold the cable with my fret hand and hit one string :P

went browsing for cables yesterday and saw some for 20 bucks

what should i be looking for?

i saw some with lifetime warranties and the rack was pretty empty :P of course that coulda been staged as it was the brand of the store
Livewire or Monster Cable are your best bets. If one of those break, just go to any dealer, and they'll give you a brand new one for free, as long as it's in one piece. I use livewire because my dad used them, while my friend uses monster cable. Try to stick to one cable company
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
You should probably check your input jack too, that may have become a little loose over the time.

Yep, Monster have a really good reputation. If you aren't looking to spend as much, planet waves is pretty decent too.
Fender Highway 1 Strat
Agile Septor Pro 725

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Axe-Fx Ultra

Trust me, I'm a medical student
But these Monster-Cables are very expensive (too mee )
I ever ask myself if it's really worth to pay such a high price. Is the result if you use a high-quality-cable like this really that much better?
The cable is what connects your guitar to your amp. How much of an effect do you think a bad cable has?

Massive.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
play somee zz top they use the broken cable effect.

try planet waves they have a cable with total signal transparency.
Planet Waves, is my recommendation, they aren't too expensive, still very durable.
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
Monster are an enormous rip-off and generally, a rather nasty business. Avoid them like the plague.

Planet Waves are a good balance of price/quality, as are Fender's cables.
I use a Vox coil cord, it's pretty handy. The thing weighs a ton though! Lasted longer than the other cables I've used so far, so it can't be all that bad!
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
planet waves. i got a 20ft high quality lead with a feature that you press in a button on the jack and it will mute it for guitar changes etc, great cable great price.

monsters are a good cable, but horribly overpriced and a terrible company.
^I have the same cable, but only 10ft long. Best cable I've ever used.
superman is killing himself tonight
The sound of a monster cable does not match the price. Even soundwise I actually prefer most standard grade cheaper cables...

The pro grade Planet Waves cables are great.
Really, any cable that's above £10 will have around the same quality of sound. After that you're paying for durability of the cable.
superman is killing himself tonight
Quote by squidlips
planet waves. i got a 20ft high quality lead with a feature that you press in a button on the jack and it will mute it for guitar changes etc, great cable great price.

Damn, that sounds cool. And convenient!
Quote by squidlips

Yeah that would be awesome and **** if it would ****ing fit in my Caparison. The jack itself is just too large to fit within the the hole and it ****ing sucks.
i use(d) some random cables of like 5 different cheapo brands that are 30 years old. amp started buzzing so i just picked up 1 planet waves cable that was <20 euros and the buzz was gone. so im happy with em
Guitars
Jackson SL3MG
Ibanez RGR321EX
Kramer 120
Bass
Epiphone Embassy Standard V
Amp
Engl Ritchie Blackmore Signature
Pick
Jim Dunlop Max Grip Carbon Jazz III
Effects
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Unless you are about to record professionally or play to a stadium any well made and shielded cable will be fine. The expensive ones are for me a complete waste of money.
I just got a big lecture from some1 about cables.

lemme see if these things are true by asking you guys i guess.

Instrument cables are better in a shorter length.
They said something about coherence or somin like that and magnetic waves so i would want something that would be shielded (guess the guy above me answered that one :P)

then they said that speaker cables are the complete opposite you would want a longer thicker cable i something like that.

I've narrowed it down to Mogami and Monster as the ones i'm interested in btw.

( i have a fender cable and it is junk to the dude that posted that one :P)

Just wanted to make sure i was getting a good cable i don't wanna scrimp when it comes to getting my tone reliable and pure.

Thanks Guys.
Quote by MetalHead916
Mogami
Monster
LiveWire/Planet Waves

These!!!!!!

When I can afford Mogami I get those otherwise I usually stick with Planet Waves
Quote by darkhorizon
Unless you are about to record professionally or play to a stadium any well made and shielded cable will be fine. The expensive ones are for me a complete waste of money.

Do you still consider it a waste of money if the cable has a lifetime warranty?
Mogami is in another league compared to Monster. I vote absolutely definitely for Mogami.