I'm doing a speech on it for a school thing and i would appreciate any imput on why laughter is or isn't the best medicine.

jokes appreciated.
i am a duck wearing wearing a hat....
Racist jokes...you can work that either way on the debate
By reading this magnificently and wonderful, adjective-filled signature, you have just wasted approximately 7 seconds of your life.
Look up humor quotes by Mark Twain.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
You can't laugh off something really depressing.

That's why drugs are better as medicine.
Quote by kwidjibo1
oh really? i didnt know children of bodom were better than a band far more famous and popular than them, cheers for the update

Quote by Mr.Maccy
Your from the states. I end my case.
laughter isn't the best medicine because laughter isn't going to save you from a severed carotid artery... it will probably make it worse.
It's proven when you laugh, it relieves stress by releasing endorphins and even when you smile, you tend to be happier.
patch adams...

EDIT: ^^ the dude above
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by IAmPaulGilbert
It's proven when you laugh, it relieves stress by releasing endorphins and even when you smile, you tend to be happier.

wut? haha
I think crying is better than laughing, at least for me.

laughing is good for like when you're already happy, it makes you happier
but I think crying makes a bad mood into a good mood in a quicker way
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by genghisgandhi
penicillin
/thread

But im allergic to it
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
Quote by Iivewire
wut? haha

He means that even if you force a smile you're more likely to be happy than if you didn't force a smile.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by Guitar_Kingdom
But im allergic to it

I guess that explains why you're green, but good god, what's wrong with your lips??
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Quote by thsrayas
He means that even if you force a smile you're more likely to be happy than if you didn't force a smile.

oh ok. haha. i see now. i guess the way i read it it just seemed a little funny to me. basically how i saw it was like "when u smile u tend to be happier" or something really dumb like that, ya know? but yeah, i guess i shoulda made the connection between that and the endorphins, cuz i know that they help to feel better, and my chiropractor sad that they're somewhat of a painkiller, and they make u feel beter (i said that twice but i dont care).

dumbness on my part haha

Quote by TheAwesomusOne
I tried curing cancer by laughing at a cancer patient but that only made things worse.

this thread is so weird...im laughing about laughing...
i think i might leave..
Last edited by Iivewire at Jul 23, 2009,
I personally get more depressed when I laugh whenever I'm depressed.

I don't like being happy when I know I shouldn't...
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab