ok so i just got a LOT of music from a bunch of friends and ive been trying to listen to alot of it. but a few months back i came to a point where i would listen to a song, but then almost immediatly after i would forget everything about the song.
i could be doing absolutely nothing while im listening but unless the song REALLY sticks out i dont remember anything of what it sounds like. anyone else experience anything like this?

i can still remember everything else just fine, this is only happening with music. but if i learn a song on guitar i still remember that perfectly.
and im not old and dieing so you can just hold all the old age jokes.
Top 5 Bands (ATM)
1. King Diamond
2. Ensiferum
3. Korpiklaani
4. Immortal
5. Dark Angel
Last edited by 6StringedSavior at Jul 23, 2009,
EDIT: ^ Are you anti New Wave of British Heavy Metal?

can't tell if this is true or a dream.

oh.
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Quote by actaderock
that is because you like judas priest and king diamond, dont listen to ****ty bands

1. i listen to everything from Van Halen to Immortal to Turisas so its not the music.
2. u simply cant hate on judas priest, if you like any metal at all theres a very high chance they influenced them. KD is just plain ****in awesome.
Top 5 Bands (ATM)
1. King Diamond
2. Ensiferum
3. Korpiklaani
4. Immortal
5. Dark Angel
Quote by actaderock
that is because you like judas priest and king diamond, dont listen to ****ty bands

thats just stupid

Judas Priest was one of the founders of metal
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Quote by actaderock

TALKING TIME IS OVER FOR YOU!

TS you just need to keep listening to the song in your head and youll remember it.
Judas Priest may have influenced todays metal, but todays metal is way beyond anything Judas Priest could even dream about playing.
Quote by DerAj2
Judas Priest may have influenced todays metal, but todays metal is way beyond anything Judas Priest could even dream about playing.

Are you kidding? Painkiller is still one of the most memorable metal songs of all time, nothing today comes close to it.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Its tha druggggs man tha druggggggs!!!!

....SHARE EM!!!
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
I have the same problem when I go to concerts and see opening bands I've never heard of. Good or bad, I can never remember any riffs they played. I just remember the general sound and whether or not I liked it.
Quote by Colgate Total
Are you kidding? Painkiller is still one of the most memorable metal songs of all time, nothing today comes close to it.

THIS!
Painkiller is my favorite song ever.
Top 5 Bands (ATM)
1. King Diamond
2. Ensiferum
3. Korpiklaani
4. Immortal
5. Dark Angel
Can't Tell If this Is True or Dream.
Deep down Inside I Feel to Scream
this Terrible Silence Stops Me!
Quote by monkeysintheday

oh.

kinda, cause i also hate maiden. But if Def Leppard is considered NWOBHM then i am not 100% VS it.
Quote by actaderock
kinda, cause i also hate maiden. But if Def Leppard is considered NWOBHM then i am not 100% VS it.

fail of multiple degrees

def leppard and metallica would not exist without the gods you just insulted
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
fail of multiple degrees

def leppard and metallica would not exist without the gods you just insulted

have you ever heard of Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath?
Quote by monkeysintheday

What song is that?
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by titsmcgee852
What song is that?

one by metallica...
Top 5 Bands (ATM)
1. King Diamond
2. Ensiferum
3. Korpiklaani
4. Immortal
5. Dark Angel
Quote by actaderock

Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Quote by 6StringedSavior
ok so i just got a LOT of music from a bunch of friends and ive been trying to listen to alot of it. but a few months back i came to a point where i would listen to a song, but then almost immediatly after i would forget everything about the song.
i could be doing absolutely nothing while im listening but unless the song REALLY sticks out i dont remember anything of what it sounds like. anyone else experience anything like this?

i can still remember everything else just fine, this is only happening with music. but if i learn a song on guitar i still remember that perfectly.
and im not old and dieing so you can just hold all the old age jokes.

I can't say I have ever had this problem. If I hear the song once I can generally hear the rest of the song in my head before the song actually gets to that part, the words taking a lot longer to remember of course but I get the melody of the lyrics.
maybe the songs just arent memorable?
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
Quote by monkeysintheday

oh.

One?
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
Quote by actaderock

Oh, you best leave boy! Before you get shanked.