Hear me out before you post you "oh mah gawd, you're soooooooo insensitive!" comments...

I'm getting really annoyed with the growing amount of beggars that are popping up in my city. As much as I feel pity for them, they're really beginning to get on my nerves.

On the way to my corner shop/off license where I get my tobacco products and cheap, nasty booze - which is literally a 30 second walk - there are on average 5 beggars a day sitting along the street asking everyone for spare change. They vary between about 8 different people, but they always seem to hang out in the same street seperately.

The reason I get annoyed is because of the following reasons:

1. One of them pretends to only have 1 arm.
2. Two of them that I know of actually live in flats, and aren't homeless as their signs often claim.
3. They're constantly jacked up, drinking, or smoking as they beg.
4. They're constantly fighting each other, screaming at each other, beating on one of the female beggars, or stealing each others' money/water/booze. God damn savages.
5. The Salvation Army (a place for homeless people where they can live and get free meals and has pool tables, a library and a gym) is right around the corner, has spaces, but coincidentally has a no drugs tolerance.
6. They tell you to '**** off' if you don't give you any money.
7. They ask for money and state the above both on the way, and on the way back from the 30 second trip to the shop.
8. If you give them money, they forget you after the 30 second journey, and then proceed to tell you to **** off when you don't give them anything the second time round.
9. One of them wandered into our flat one day randomly. We gave him some food, and a beer. He never remembered us or said thank you.
10. One of them has a puppy. If you can't feed yourself, why drag a dog into your misery?
11. They seem to expect that EVERYONE owes them something or is a lot better off than them. This is bull****, because while they're always high and sitting on their ass I'm working really hard and can hardly feed myself.
12. People give them a LOT of money, and I see a few of them immediately go into the pub they're sitting outside of as soon as they get enough.
13. They constantly eat stuff from Gregg's (a baker chain), McDonald's, Burger King, the chip shop, and other takeaways. I wish I could afford to do that every day instead of having to live on a damn can of sweetcorn and a loaf of bread for 3 days.
14. They (and other beggars you see in the city) hang around inside supermarkets asking for money. You can't get away from them, no matter where you go.
15. One of them tried to pickpocket me once. Lucky I had NO MONEY to steal.
16. They don't even have the decency to hide that they're sniffing glue, drinking, snorting something, or getting ****ed on hard drugs. They know that it's a busy street, and one person seeing it doesn't mean jack **** for the next sucker to have sympathy for them.

I can't stand these ungrateful, lazy, wasters anymore. They insult those who don't help them, and never thank those who do. They had a chance in life and they blew it, and they're doing nothing to improve their situation. I feel like crap, because they're getting better meals than I am every day and I have to work for it while they just sit around getting wasted, exploiting innocent people and/or giving them abuse.

I'm jealous, basically. I know this isn't the case for every homeless/beggar out there, but these select few are making me want to go postal. And before you go on about 'oh, but they're life conditions are terrible' bear in mind this: There are plenty of associations that can help them out. They just seem to either **** it up for themselves, don't want to get out of the life they're in, or actually genuinely enjoy the easy life of getting paid to sit around all day drinking or shooting up.

Sorry. I needed to rant. What's your take on beggars? Or am I just being an insensitive asshole
Matter is void. All is vanity. All is nothing. Nothing exists.

But damn does whisky rule
Obligatory "cool story bro".
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
oh mah gawd, you're soooooooo insensitive!
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
I'll have you know my mother is a beggar, you fiend. >:O!!!
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
nah, fuck beggars. just ignore them, and never give them change. they suck hard donkey balls.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Jul 23, 2009,
Come on man, I just want a little change!! *Shakes cup of pennies*

come onnnn!! I just want something to eat *Shakes penis at traffic*

Please, sir, just give me some money for drugs!!! *shakes*
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Quote by Talonwolf

13. They constantly eat stuff from Gregg's (a baker chain), McDonald's, Burger King, the chip shop, and other takeaways. I wish I could afford to do that every day instead of having to live on a damn can of sweetcorn and a loaf of bread for 3 days.

But.. you have an internet connection.. wat? And apparently a computer. Unless you're at a library or something.

I gave a guy who was apparently out of town with a broken down car 5 bucks to try to help him out. He was obviously lying but I was like what the hell, I had just gotten out of a Cannibal Corpse concert. I gave him the 5 bucks which to me, seems a lot to give a guy you don't even know, and he doesn't even say thank you. Just, Yo man you gotta give me some more.

If my girlfriend wasn't there I would have beat his sorry ass down.
Beggars can't be choosers...

If they are assholes, wave a twenty in their face, and with the same hand, punch the same face.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Oh, once I was in the car with ma mom and we saw this dude begging on a freeway offramp,
and it was pouring rain, so my mom stopped and gave the guy her umbrella cuz he just had a t-shirt.

And guess what the guy does,
he doesn't even look her in the eye but takes it and sets it down on the ground.

Guess it would make him look less desperate.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
So what you're saying is that you're so sick of the hobos, always asking for change? You don't like how you gotta work, and they just sit around and get paid?
Quote by icaneatcatfood
But.. you have an internet connection.. wat? And apparently a computer. Unless you're at a library or something.

I gave a guy who was apparently out of town with a broken down car 5 bucks to try to help him out. He was obviously lying but I was like what the hell, I had just gotten out of a Cannibal Corpse concert. I gave him the 5 bucks which to me, seems a lot to give a guy you don't even know, and he doesn't even say thank you. Just, Yo man you gotta give me some more.

If my girlfriend wasn't there I would have beat his sorry ass down.

As much as I understand what you're saying, this computer was a 21st birthday present. I also share a flat with 7 other people, and so I basically have to pay my share of the internet, or it wouldn't be fair.

That, plus the internet gives me a lot of entertainment and education (yea, that sounds ironic...) for it's value.
Matter is void. All is vanity. All is nothing. Nothing exists.

But damn does whisky rule
Quote by captainoid
So what you're saying is that you're so sick of the hobos, always asking for change? You don't like how you gotta work, and they just sit around and get paid?

Hobos: Begging your way to the top
sounds like you've never heard of that site called "Hobo Fights" that caused a lot of controversy a few years ago. the fact is NOBODY likes beggars, but some of them aren't crazy and some of them are just SOL
is that carlin? i remember that and its his kind of dark humor

no its from a candain tv show kenny vs spenny, they had a competition who can stay homless the longest

i love carlins dark stuff his grey years
Quote by tremeloud
Come on man, I just want a little change!! *Shakes cup of pennies*

come onnnn!! I just want something to eat *Shakes penis at traffic*

Please, sir, just give me some money for drugs!!! *shakes*

What the heck kind of beggars are in your city?
Quote by Talonwolf
As much as I understand what you're saying, this computer was a 21st birthday present. I also share a flat with 7 other people, and so I basically have to pay my share of the internet, or it wouldn't be fair.

That, plus the internet gives me a lot of entertainment and education (yea, that sounds ironic...) for it's value.

Ah, I see. My bad man it's cool. It just didn't make sense for a second there.
For some reason, i thought you got ahold of Thrice's new cd and was badmouthing it

but yeah, i give beggars money if they at least are honest on where they're going to spend it
I understand that they can be really annoying and even violent, but you speak of them as a group that you seem to know so much about. There's a very good chance that the majority of those people didn't have a great chance at life as you stated. Perhaps they had a needle stuck in their arm at age 11 by their own parents? It's not always their fault, dude.
When I went to San Francisco there were a lot of beggars. One guy, to stand out, was standing on a plastic box on one leg, trying to stay still, occasionally shaking his penny cup I was just like hey, at least he's actually trying. We gave him our leftovers from the restaurant and he gave us a huge smile. The guy was a peach.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.