I'm getting my wisdom teeth out tomorrow. Only the top two though. This thread isn't to talk about what to expect before or anything, I already know what to expect before. This is to let me know what to expect after. Does it really hurt as bad as they say? Has anyone ever had any other the complications they talk about, such as dry sockets or any of that?
Quote by skaterskagg1
I'm getting my wisdom teeth out tomorrow. Only the top two though. This thread isn't to talk about what to expect before or anything, I already know what to expect before. This is to let me know what to expect after. Does it really hurt as bad as they say? Has anyone ever had any other the complications they talk about, such as dry sockets or any of that?

Nope, that's why "they" never talk about them.

....Oh wait.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
I spent 24 hours randomly bursting into tears and crying uncontrollably for no reason, couldn't eat anything other than jello through a straw for 2 weeks.

however, my teeth weren't pulled, they hadn't even come out yet and were literally cut out of my gums.
^^didnt get enough percocet
A soul in tension that's learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, I

The Sky Is The Limit
I have to get my two bottom ones pulled before summer ends as well. They're impacted, and they're starting to crowd my bottom teeth

Quote by CoreysMonster
however, my teeth weren't pulled, they hadn't even come out yet and were literally cut out of my gums.

that's what they have to do to me
Quote by MetalOblivion93
The Philosopher = Smart
The Philosopher = Win

Quote by sashki
Slayer wrote a negative song about you because you considered the possibility of them writing a positive song.

JOIN THE PS3 ALLIANCE GROUP
Last edited by The Philosopher at Jul 23, 2009,
Dry socket sucks...I was on a camping trip after I got mine pulled....40 miles from anywhere, and so I couldn't get it treated. Then I lost 20 pounds because I couldn't eat anything for two weeks.
"There's a fine line between child abuse and discipline. Take my dad for example; when I screwed up, my dad would electrocute me. And look at me today: flawless. Electrocution builds character." - Maddox
why do they call them wisdom teeth?

cos those mother****ers don't seem that wise.
if they were they'd probably have the wisdom not to grow in a bent direction and burst mt gum lining
i am a duck wearing wearing a hat....
Quote by The Philosopher

that's what they have to do to me

you poor bugger. i am one hell of a lucky bastard since even though i am 18, my wisdom teeth have not even begun to develop, and hopefully never will.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
you poor bugger. i am one hell of a lucky bastard since even though i am 18, my wisdom teeth have not even begun to develop, and hopefully never will.

what is dry socket btw?
Quote by MetalOblivion93
The Philosopher = Smart
The Philosopher = Win

Quote by sashki
Slayer wrote a negative song about you because you considered the possibility of them writing a positive song.

I had mine pulled last month. Top ones too.

It's not so much painful as it is a dull, never ending ache that makes you want to kill yourself. If you keep it frozen, shouldn't be a problem.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
I got mine out when I was twelve. They hadn't even formed yet so they had to cut open my gums and scrape out the bone that would become all four wisdom teeth.

I swelled like a chipmunk.

The recovery wasn't that bad. I missed a week of school and ate ice cream all the time.
Whose idea was it to ruin the delicious combination of peanut butter and jelly by adding bread?

Last edited by SABBATH_FAN24 at Jul 23, 2009,
Quote by The Philosopher

what is dry socket btw?

It's basically when air get in the hole where your teeth were. If happens if you somehow lose the blood clot. They supposedly hurt like a bitch and there's not much you can do about it.
Quote by skaterskagg1
It's basically when air get in the hole where your teeth were. If happens if you somehow lose the blood clot. They supposedly hurt like a bitch and there's not much you can do about it.

I've had an exposed nerve before, is it similar?
Quote by MetalOblivion93
The Philosopher = Smart
The Philosopher = Win

Quote by sashki

Quote by The Philosopher

Probably, I've never had either though.
My bottom two were still in the gum so they quartered them and pulled the pieces out. They just cut a little flap of gum to expose the tooth. The top two were already descended so they just halved them.

I only had to use gauze for about 2 hours after the operation, then ate/drank delicious soup for two days. Didn't really gave any pain either thanks to the medication.

The most annoying thing is the anti-biotics. They smell and taste like ****.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
I might have to get two of mine out if they don't grow all the way through the gums. I'd rather cut the gums back myself than to have to go through that shit. I'm terrified of the dentist, and I have to get 3 fillings in next month

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by The Philosopher

what was that like? I imagine intense agony
my teeth hurt from just reading this thread.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
what was that like? I imagine intense agony

Pretty painful. I couldn't eat anything too crunchy, and nothing too cold or too hot. It sucked.
I wake up one morning telling myself "YES, mom got chocolate milk!" *pours a FULL glass of chocolate milk, and takes a big drink*
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

It hurt bad.
Quote by MetalOblivion93
The Philosopher = Smart
The Philosopher = Win

Quote by sashki

Quote by The Philosopher
Pretty painful. I couldn't eat anything too crunchy, and nothing too cold or too hot. It sucked.
I wake up one morning telling myself "YES, mom got chocolate milk!" *pours a FULL glass of chocolate milk, and takes a big drink*
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

It hurt bad.

i get that sometimes. i think it's just sensitive teeth though. only cold affects it.
I have FIVE wisdom teeth, motherfuckers. And I have to have them all ripped out of my gums before school starts.

I play piano and guitar.
Do you play piano?
Add me.
:]
Quote by raindropsXroses
I have FIVE wisdom teeth, motherfuckers. And I have to have them all ripped out of my gums before school starts.

ouch.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
FIVE?

Where's the extra in this Napoleon Dynamite scenario?
Whose idea was it to ruin the delicious combination of peanut butter and jelly by adding bread?

I have two on top (left and right), one in bottom left, and two in bottom right. They're practically on top of each other. Both of my parents had the same thing. Guess who inherited this trait? Not my sister-- just me. How lucky am I.

I play piano and guitar.
Do you play piano?
Add me.
:]
I thought I was unlucky for having four.

got mine out a week or so ago, and they still kind of ache. Expect to have cotton stuffed in the back of your mouth for a couple of days. Your entire face is going to be swollen for four or five days, so you'll look like a chipmunk. If you get vicodin, the pain shouldn't be that bad. You won't be able to eat solid foods for three or four days, and then when you start to eat normal food again, you'll only want to chew it in the front of your mouth. Once the initial issues are out of the way, the only problems you'll have left will be some slight aching, which is what i'm still dealing with. I'm almost out of vicodin, so i'm hoping it'll be gone in a couple of days.